images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• images

How do you prevent the public from copying your images by right clicking or any other method?
    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Re: images

Hi Scuba,

There is no 100% sure fire way to prevent images from being copied - so if you need that - don't put the image online at all.

Preventing right-click is simply annoying and doesn't prevent anything.

One of the ways to make your photos less attractive to others - is to put a watermark on them.

That also isn't fool proof - but will stop the people who are lazy.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

I agree with Bethers. If someone uses a no right click script, people will still be able to highlight the image, use ctrl + c then ctrl + p in any photo program. As bether has suggested, if you do not want any one to copy your images, then do not post them on the internet.
      Regards
      Teri

Comment

There is script to block right click as well as keyboard print screen, I forgot where I putted it, but go to google and make a search for right click script and then you will find the keyboard script with it.

But crackers find always a way to take something, but the solution given will help you a bit.
        The Producer

Comment

Nite producer - doing both of those will not stop from being able to use the ORIGINAL keyboard commands to view screen - and it's still not worth the time or effort.

For your information, viewing source is available on all your tool bars LOL - funny how the way things were intended to be used has been forgottn with a mouse. And darklight wasn't using print screen either.

There are so many ways - that the best method for photos is to at least make them less where anyone would want to go to the trouble - like adding a watermark - but that takes time on the web owner/designers part. There is NOT an easy fix.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
            Nite producer - doing both of those will not stop from being able to use the ORIGINAL keyboard commands to view screen - and it's still not worth the time or effort.

For your information, viewing source is available on all your tool bars LOL - funny how the way things were intended to be used has been forgottn with a mouse. And darklight wasn't using print screen either.

There are so many ways - that the best method for photos is to at least make them less where anyone would want to go to the trouble - like adding a watermark - but that takes time on the web owner/designers part. There is NOT an easy fix.
            Bethers, I guess, I was tired last time I've responded here, maybe I wasn't specific enough.

Alright, there is so many people in the world using internet, many of them are beginners, others professionals, the rest are in between or in the way to be professional.

I can tell you that I'm sure, professionals don't waste their time, energie, and creativity to steel others work, the in between/on the way to pro people are same, so, we have sick people copying faces and put them in nude bodies, and others who don't have the energie to be creative enough, then they take others work.

putting that scripts WILL NOT STOP THE COPYING OF THE IMAGES, but just stop the non professional or lazy people to do so, BUT, if you have an something rare which will attract some of the professionals, that will be so bad for you, and we will be sorry.

EXAMPLE OF COPYING : one day a friend of mine wanted an image so badly from a website of a stock photos, they've putted that water mark, but in one way which took us 30 mns, we found an easy way to copy it from the screen on a high resolution without a water mark.

I said that, there is no 100% protection in Internet, it's a digital data related, anyone can learn to crack that data.

I hope I was clear enough now.
            The Producer

Comment

Working...
            X