I think its ready - suggestions comments please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think its ready - suggestions comments please

I've decided to put the site up - please i need all the suggestions and comments I can get thanks ann
    www.beadedcustomdesigns.com
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Re: I think its ready - suggestions comments please

LOL, I can tell Beth has been at work on your store. I dont have much to nitpick. I do have one suggestion tho. On your pages that you have done two pages for, also put the Page 2 at the top, cuz I might not get to the bottom, and it would be nice to know theres more just in case I decide to look further.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Built like a Trooper Ann .... great job .... I said a while ago when you posted your thought about doing it, it was gonna be great and it surely did turn out great .....

A couple things I just briefly noticed, the Links does not appear to be working, you may be aware of that .....

the other thing is some of the pics are still rather large, 100kbs or so and seem to cause a slight delay, I am wondering if you could reduce their resolution further yet, particularly where you have click for enlargement? Just a suggestion ....

Also on the earrings page, clicking the images for their enlargement does not appear to be working.

Great job Ann ... nice and inviting!!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

many thanks - yes i have read and reread everything Beth says - good idea about page 2 - it crossed my mind then fell out my ear. just discovered the link thing and fixed it will fix earrings - guess I just forgot
        and will work on the pictures little by little as they all have to be moved to a different file anyway. when will i have time to bead?
        again thanks ann
        Ann

Comment

I have made some of the corrections - changing the pictures will be a bear. have finished bracelets for today
          ann
          Ann

Comment

Ann,
            You've done a wonderful job. And have some beautiful jewelry.

The one thing that I suggest needs some work - the first page under your home page is the "jewelry" page - and at first I thought I just got the same page again. They are too much alike - and I expected to be getting to products there. I think you might want to rename that page and move it in the navigation to under the products - maybe call it about the jewelry - but some how make it not feel like people didn't go anywhere!
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I really like the site nice colors but for some reason your nav buttons want to load slow i have T-1 cable connection which is the fastest so far for a typical cable isp and it still loaded slow but then again cable some times runs slow to but i checked other sites and they pull up quick.

figured i'd let ya know.
              "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

Beth - thanks so much - that page bothers me too but haven't figured out what to do with it - will study on it today - maybe combine some of it on home and change it to about us - we'll seejim - thanks for input - the buttons load slow for me too and i have cable - i really like them though so will try again to fix that - weird.ann
                Ann

Comment

Beth - i've made some changes with the index and next page - re arranged them and renamed the second one - better ? any other advice - will take all i can get. ann
                  Ann

Comment

have worked on the nav buttons - no great success - changed about us (formerly the jewelry) page and reduced size of most of the pictures - still a work in progress - ann
                    Ann

Comment

VERY NICE ANN! I love your desgins and workmanship! I went through each page and could find no wrong. All pictures loaded fast for me as did the nav buttons. Great Job!! I wish you much success!
                      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Ann,
                        I just looked at your contact page - and don't know why you didn't keep the same website design for it? It lost your professional look.

AND, I will not order from any site that doesn't give me more/better contact information - including an address and phone number. I don't like not having an email address. And, in fact, I've been known to call the phone numbers on sites to confirm it really is who the website says, before ordering. You need to let people feel secure in ordering from you. I recommend some contact information in the footer of the page - but at the very least, you need more information in the contact us page. And that page has to have the feel of the rest of your site - not look like they landed somewhere else - including all the navigation.

I usually don't like navigation moving on different pages. And won't do that myself on my own pages - but it works on your site - and is easy to see and find on all the pages.

I can't remember what you had for your nav button before - but if you want to email it to me as a jpg - I'd be happy to look at it and see if there's a reason I can find why it would have been slow loading.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

as always your advice will be taken right away - about the contact info - i really dont want to give out my home address and phone number on the web ... any suggestions for an alternative - the nav buttons are the same and will probalby stay that way as i like them
                          Ann

Comment

Your site is fantastic! Loads up nice and fast, the layout is really great and the jewelry is stunning! Really, really like this site!

*Bookmarks for future use*
                            Regards
                            Teri

Comment

How about getting a po box for the business? The phone situation can be worked out many ways - get a "virtual #" or a cell # that you use only for this, etc etc
                              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                              X