• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please let me know what you think?

http://www.cvsquirrel.co.uk

Thanks

Tony

Re: Please let me know what you think?

colorful but the whole entire picture of the squirrel is 1 complete link. you may need to remove that link from that picture. check other links via your nav bars does good but loads very slowly. needs some tweaking.
    "Jim"

Hillbilly Electronics LLC

Comment

colours a bit to bright sometimes for and the pages dont have titles on some or all i cant remember this is a good idea and is well thought out in the text side of things just not sure where you are trying to go with the drawings , there is a fine line in funny drawings etc between funny and classy and proffesional and theres the other side if you go to far that is a bit well.. amatuerish but im not trying to say this is amatuerish just be carefull on the fine line , good start though and there is a market out there i think

cashierman? where did those prices for the ****s come from? they arnt sooooooooooooooo cheap are they do you want me to supply you with some ??/lol
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Dear Naghosthunter

Thank you - the whole picture of the squirrel is 1 complete link and you suggest I remove the link from the picture.

If I remove the link from the picture, how do I get the picture to load? I am new at all this and very nearly completely ignorant about how to do things. It took me ages to work out how to use Bluevoda to create the site in the way I did it (about two months I'm afraid). I am not really a great technically minded type - so if you could explain about removing a link and still being able to see the picture, I should be very grateful.

Warning - I am easily confused by jargon and I'm afraid you should assume that when it comes to computers, I am about 2 going on 3 years old! So slow and simple please.

Thanks (humbly)

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
          colours a bit to bright sometimes for and the pages dont have titles on some or all i cant remember this is a good idea and is well thought out in the text side of things just not sure where you are trying to go with the drawings , there is a fine line in funny drawings etc between funny and classy and proffesional and theres the other side if you go to far that is a bit well.. amatuerish but im not trying to say this is amatuerish just be carefull on the fine line , good start though and there is a market out there i think

cashierman? where did those prices for the ****s come from? they arnt sooooooooooooooo cheap are they do you want me to supply you with some ??/lol
          Yes - I thought long and hard about the garish, clashing colours and the daft pictures, but when I saw how much competition is out there, I knew I needed something different to stand out. There is a real danger that potential clients will like the text and be put off by the pictures. They might think that I am not serious and that they do not wish to risk their money on something too different. The trouble is the competition is not going away. I reckoned that if I did a serious site like any other, then I would get nowhere at all. A cross-dressing, cartoon squirrel might appeal to some people bored with the conventional, grown up CV sites. At least he stands out - not what you are expecting when you idly click on a CV site! I might be in with a chance. Who knows, we'll see. I'll let everyone know in a couple of months from now.

Thanks

Tony

Comment

if you put the picture in by using the insert image - you dont need a link just go to properties and remove any link
            ann
            Ann
            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

The images are really great! only thing- they take a bit too long to load on the computer I am using. Your "Be Proud" page displays "Untitled Page" which you may want to change.

Regards

Teri

Comment

Thank you Teri - I'll check the "Be Proud" page.

Tony

Comment

Tony: I like your concept, but would not stay around to long, as the images do take to long to load. Your sample CV took the longest for me on each page to load. I noticed you have saved your images as bmp. Have you tried saving them in jpg format? That should make a big difference.
                  Cindy Smentowski

Comment

All I can see is the home page - as I get a 404 error when I click. I probably would never have clicked tho - as I thought it was some type of child's site - and that home page doesn't give me a clue what or who you are or why I would want to click again.

You say above - that you need a gimmick - believe me - you beat your competition by being better and more professional than them - you need the se's and people to find you - and that won't happen with colors. (By the way, some gimmicks do work very well - but not ones that will turn off as many, possibly more, than will hang around).
                    Beth
                    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Iveson
                      Thank you Teri - I'll check the "Be Proud" page.

Tony

:) No problem!

Regards

Teri

Comment

most loaded pretty fast for me but i'm on cable - couldn't you copy and past your CV example from a word processing program to the text box in bv - it might load faster if you could - ? I like the site ann
                        Ann
                        www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                        www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                        www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Iveson
                          Yes - I thought long and hard about the garish, clashing colours and the daft pictures, but when I saw how much competition is out there, I knew I needed something different to stand out. There is a real danger that potential clients will like the text and be put off by the pictures. They might think that I am not serious and that they do not wish to risk their money on something too different. The trouble is the competition is not going away. I reckoned that if I did a serious site like any other, then I would get nowhere at all. A cross-dressing, cartoon squirrel might appeal to some people bored with the conventional, grown up CV sites. At least he stands out - not what you are expecting when you idly click on a CV site! I might be in with a chance. Who knows, we'll see. I'll let everyone know in a couple of months from now.

Thanks

Tony
                          i agree whole heartedly and you have confirmed what i was trying to say about that fine line between lookin pro an amateurish when using funny pics and a the squirrel idea etc ( which i realy like its a hook and a marketing tool) it just needs tweekin in my mind turn the tone down lol so i can see it lol

good work any way
                          The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                          Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

I just realized why I couldn't find anything - cuz you have your nav bar all the way on the right and I open windows in a smaller window - looked like there was no nav bar LOL

Now that I know what the site is about - it seems to me to be a take off on the "Cheese" books - using similar type characters to give the same info.

I don't dislike what you've done - I just don't know how effective it will be to your target audience.
                            Beth
                            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Ann

Thanks Ann, I tried this and it all went horribly wrong when I plonked it down into a text box - all the formatting set up in Word was instantly destroyed. It took me an age to work out I could do the whole thing as a picture and another age to work out how to turn the text into one. It was a few weeks ago now and frankly I have forgotten how to do it. This is how non-technical I am. Creating this site has been a long and painful process and is the closest I'll ever get to giving birth. I'm looking at the result of all my labours and checking the Google Adwords response every day now. I'm beginning to think I have a repellently ugly baby!

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X