Links to other URL's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Links to other URL's

I have a number of links on my site that take the reader to url's outside of my site. I would like to be sure that after they visit an outside site, they have no option but to return to mine. When I create a link, of course I put the address of the url I want the reader to go to. I have tried using the "target_blank" option, but it puts the "_blank" at the end of the url and when I preview and click on the new link, it shows the "page cannot be displayed" error. When I delete the _blank at the end of the url address, it works fine, but I want the new url to open in a window that does not give them a choice when they close out, than to be back at my site. Does that make sense? Hope so, sure could use some help with this. Thanks, Patti

Do you use the latest version of BlueVoda?
    These bugs have been fixed a long time ago.
    Forum Moderator
    BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Thanks Pablo... yes, I'm using version 7.0. What do I use as a target for this type link or do I not indicate any?

Thank you for your assistance.

Patt

Originally posted by Pablo
      Do you use the latest version of BlueVoda?
      These bugs have been fixed a long time ago.

Comment

click the link below to upgrade...

Get the latest news and updates about VodaHost and BlueVoda here.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Upgrade

I have upgraded to the 7.0.1... although I don't quite understand how I wound up with the 7.0 version since I've only been involved with BV for the past couple of months. Didn't the 7.0.1 version come out way before then?

Now that I'm on the latest version, do I need to do anything with my existing links? In other words, do I now need to go back in and change the target to _blank? Or just leave them as is?

Originally posted by VodaHost

Comment

I am also using the newest version of Bluevoda and recieving the same problems.

Sometimes the target _blank works, and other times it does not.
            ::Steven.H::

Comment

That's strange... thanks for your reply.

Originally posted by Steven.H
              I am also using the newest version of Bluevoda and recieving the same problems.

Sometimes the target _blank works, and other times it does not.

Comment

Working...
              X