Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assistance please

Dear Forum Participants

I have critical problem that I have NEVER had with bluevoda!

Here is the story, Late last night my electricity went out and shut off my computer

When I turned everything back on, Everything worked fine except for bluevoda.

Here is what I have tried and I don't know what to do anymore.

I defragmented, uninstalled and reinstalled, I Ran a Virus check, I bought a Registry Fixer and still nothing. I was going to delete everything but I DON'T want to lose my work of years. So I also did a "run" bluevoda and I re-installed the 7.0 and it worked BUT with none of my work and when I try to upload the 8.0 it doesn not open.

I am out of answers, Ideas and EVERYTING. I don't want to lose everything.

Where are my files and how can I possibly retrieve them, you know the .bvp files!!!

PLEASE ADVISE.

Please email me or post
    Thank you much
    Frank
    Frank
    Home Shoppers Club
    Mobi Designz
    Mobile VIP Services

Re: ((( Critical Emergenccy )))

Have you tried to do a system restore on your computer to before the power outage?

If you don't know how - here goes:

All programs
    Accessories
    System Tools
    System Restore

Select to restore your computer to an earlier time - click next - now find the first time/date available BEFORE the problem - and do the restore.

Hopefully this will take care of it.

After this is all over - I suggest - that at least weekly - you back up all important files to an external device. Just in case the time comes when the computer totally crashes.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

when your power shut-off your hardrive might a had a circut problem, like mine. Some files are deleted some are saved. Did you make sure when you started up your computer, and the "Windows Was not shut down properly" thing came up, did you make sure you let it check your local C:/. Also, copy every single bluevoda file and put it into a backup folder ex. "Bluevoda Backup". Delete the ones in your bluevoda directory. Go to program files, and delete the bluevoda directory. Re-install. Move your copied BV file to your new BV directory
      Clan FFA-Halo 2 MLG, Machinima, and Glitch Clan
      http://www.ffaproam.com/

Comment

I suggest the system restore before deleting anything.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Try a search for *.bvp files.
          If you saved and published some of your pages, you can retreive them by importing as html and then make adjustments.
          Bill
          www.blueearthtea.com
          www.ftaaconsulting.com
          www.iaval.com
          www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Thank you Everyone!

I am going to attempet a Restore, Although I did do it too and nothing. So I'll give it a try again.

I am going to try everything you guys suggested, right now a sys restore again.

I'll post again in a while.

Clanffa: Yes I did and will try to find them to save them this time.

Bill2006: I had all saved in my bluevoda folder which is now all empty.
            Frank
            Home Shoppers Club
            Mobi Designz
            Mobile VIP Services

Comment

Even if we suppose that your bluevoda folder is gone, you should still have the latest version of your files (before the last saving, so some work will be needed there) in your Recycle Bin. You can retreive them from there.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

And if you have not cleared your temp files, you might be able to retrieve some files from there.
                Bill
                www.blueearthtea.com
                www.ftaaconsulting.com
                www.iaval.com
                www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Re: ((( Critical Emergenccy ))) - Update

I tried the sys restore and now this didn't want to work.

However, I did the .bvp search and found my 99 folders!!! they show that they have mb of storage. The oldest files are readable, they open. but not the newest ones.

I also saved the search. The thing is they were only viewable in the 7.7 bluevoda

What should I do now???

Delete every blue voda file except of course for the found files?

Please adivse

Thank you so much

I just hope I didn't erase all my new files.

Frank
                  Frank
                  Home Shoppers Club
                  Mobi Designz
                  Mobile VIP Services

Comment

Originally posted by clanffa
                    when your power shut-off your hardrive might a had a circut problem, like mine. Some files are deleted some are saved. Did you make sure when you started up your computer, and the "Windows Was not shut down properly" thing came up, did you make sure you let it check your local C:/. Also, copy every single bluevoda file and put it into a backup folder ex. "Bluevoda Backup". Delete the ones in your bluevoda directory. Go to program files, and delete the bluevoda directory. Re-install. Move your copied BV file to your new BV directory

ok..cool, this is a perfect example for me to point out something I read in the big XP book: when you move a file or folder it retains settings applied to from where it was moved from ...when you copy a file to another location the file will adopt the settings of the new location.

so you saying copy files to a new place(new settings) and move (with those settings)to a folder with its own settings.

this is what i was so desperately tying to point out in another post....also

interesting note....check the Documents and Settings directory under "All user">My documents..... and "YOUR PROFILE">My Documents.... see if anything comes up...
                    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\My Documents\****
                    C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR PROFILE\My Documents\****
                    Robert
                    www.GraphXntrix.com
                    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Your new files can't be opened because they are created with BV 8 whilst you now have BV 7 installed. Uninstall BV 7, Delete EVERYTHING that has to do with BV, and is still there after disinstallation, exception made for your .bvp files, download and install BV8, and you will be ok.
                      Navaldesign
                      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Re: assistance please

Hi, Naveldesign

I still can't download the 8.0. I lost.

It says the following when I try to install: ERROR in compressed file Bad CRC
                        Also it says, on top: Could not extrac support files, download will abort

Any suggestions?
                        Frank
                        Frank
                        Home Shoppers Club
                        Mobi Designz
                        Mobile VIP Services

Comment

reboot and run a registry repair

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

i sure hope you get everything back - but thank you for reminding all of us we need to back up to something else. ann
                            Ann
                            www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
                            www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
                            www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Would you what kind of problem is this?

Is it for example a File types, application path, broken or missing links, axtive x interfaces? What would stop me from downloading it again and re-installing it?

I do have a registry program but it's old and I ran it but it still didn't work, Maybe I just have to buy a better one. What do you think?

Frank
                              Frank
                              Home Shoppers Club
                              Mobi Designz
                              Mobile VIP Services

Comment

Working...
                              X