Email Assistance Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Assistance Requested

Hi- I cannot get Outlook Express to work. I set up two email accts in CPanel, then in Outlook. Made my incoming pop3 account mail.colourtherapyspa.com and outgoing smtp the same per someone's instructions here. My ISP is Brighthouse and they do not REQUIRE I go thru them.

What happens is this; when I open Outlook my logon keeps popping up...I click to logon, it disappears for a minute and pops up again. I can't send anything. I don't receive anything.

Error message when I send test email to myself is something I can't even understand. I'm not a pro at any of this. Could somebody please help me get this whole email issue figured out and not just bits and peices of it? I have spent HOURS on it and nothing works. I'd sure appreciate your help! (willing to pay a reasonable fee if someone really knows what they're doing, and can talk with me on phone or i/m or something, too! I can't afford to spend another week figuring it out!)

Leeza

Re: FOLLOW THRU HELP w OUTLOOK SETUP NEEDED

under servers in your accounts of your outlook express, did you tick "remember password" .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Follow through this tutorial and it should work for you ...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...k-express.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Hi LadyEye,
        I did go thru the tutorial and set it up the way it said to. Still cannot seem to logon to send/receive mail. I added two accounts...perhaps you could try to email me?
        info@colourtherapyspa.com is one of them. I could see if I get the email from you...

Thanks
        Leeza

Comment

Is it right to have both POP and SMTP as mail.colourtherapyspa.com accounts? It seems strange they are both the same. And I used that for both email addresses I set up.

Comment

Originally posted by Leeza
            Hi LadyEye,
            I did go thru the tutorial and set it up the way it said to. Still cannot seem to logon to send/receive mail. I added two accounts...perhaps you could try to email me?
            info@colourtherapyspa.com is one of them. I could see if I get the email from you...

Thanks
            Leeza

Hi Leeza

An email has just left rainy nova scotia on the way to sunny florida! :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Originally posted by Leeza
              Is it right to have both POP and SMTP as mail.colourtherapyspa.com accounts? It seems strange they are both the same. And I used that for both email addresses I set up.
              yes both the same .... are you then clicking on your new email account you set up and clicking on properties and following the rest of the tutorial from there ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

i'll do it again be back with you very soon...

Comment

well I've gone back and checked EVERYTHING...

POP and SMTP are mail.colourtherapyspa.com - any avail. connection

internet mail login is mail at colortherapyspa.com

Account Properties; general is mail.colourtherapyspa.com
                  user info :Leeza
                  email address: info@colourtherapyspa.com, checked "include this acct when sending or receiving email

incoming mail server: acct name: leeza (and input password)

checked box "my server req's authentication" and logon info checked "use same settings as incoming server

didn't put anything in tabs "connection/security/advanced (there it says SMTP 25 and 110 for something else

I just don't get what I'm missing! and I didn't get your email...

more help???? I don't know if this makes any sense to you, but I TRIED!

Thanks,
                  Leeza

Comment

ALSO...I keep getting a popup to LOGON...I click it, and it just keeps popping up again....

and another box comes up now and then:

server name: mail.colourthera***a.com....checking for new messages...executing...Connection LAN

most recent:
                    There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.colourtherapyspa.com', Server: 'mail.colourtherapyspa.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Login failed.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

ok so what if I forgot my password? I thought I had it but now am wondering if I goofed!

Comment

yes, the password to use after you have created your account is the password with your outlook express ....

you need to tick remember my password in the server tab

Did you check your webmail, like up in your control panel where you go to mail because if you have not redirected your mail to your outlook express it wont be in your outlook express mailbox until you do this ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/ema...-my-email.html

there could be some other issues lurking ... perhaps you should submit a support ticket too .... I know it can be frustrating ... and you are trying really really hard .... we are all still here to help, but submit your ticket anyway ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Leeza: If I were you, I would simply go into control panel, find your email address and change your password. Then when you go into outlook express and input your password EXACTLY as you did in cpanel.
                          Under the General tab make sure you have your user info and email exactly as it is set up in cpanel and check the box to include when when receiving.
                          Under the Servers Tab I have POP 3, then your incoming and outgoing mail should be the name; mail.colourtherapyspa.com, account name is your email address and then your password. Check remember password and check my server requires authentication.
                          Under connection/security and advanced; no need to change anything there most likely. Advanced should be outgoing smtp 25 and incoming mail POP3 should be 110. I also check the box to leave a copy of messages on server for 10 days, but that's just me and not required. Let us know if this is exactly how you have it set up and again check and doublecheck your email name and password, as it is case sensitive.

I know how frustrating this can be as the same thing has happened to me and after hours, the problem was so simple and it was me not doublechecking how I typed my email address.
                          I will also send you an email now.
                          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

I went to CPanel and made passwords there same as password in Outlook. Still getting popup to logon- the box to tick "remember password" is greyed out and I cannot click it. So still no luck...

what else might you mean by check webmail...to redirect mail to outlook express?

and if I go to webmail..it says pick Horde or Squirrel Mail..nowthat is just confusing me more.

Comment

Leeza. Webmail is nothing more than a place that your email is stored. If you pick say squirrel mail and type in your password, all of the email sent to you should be in there. I've had to use that when I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting my email and the problem was with my setup on my computer.
                              Can you email out? Try sending me one at cindy@journeyshappen.com
                              Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Working...
                              X