Use of "index Page".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of "index Page".

I will utilize Lead Capture Pages/Landing Pages associated with all my websites - my question is:

1) May I save my Lead Capture/Landing Pages as "index pages"?
    2) Or is it best to save them as a sub directory page?
    3) Or does it matter?

Thanks.

Re: Use of "index Page".

You may only have one page named index ... all your other pages would need to be named something different, otherwise you would overwrite your page you named index ..... these can all link together though ...

your first page named index, is by default, where your web address will take you to ...

all pages thereafter are linked from this first page named index

they all get named with small letters, no spaces and end with .html

they are linked together by various means, word linking, navigation bars or menu bars .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And every page on your website, if optimized properly is a landing page - and is just as valuable as each other page.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks again LadyEye.

So, if I want to save my lead capture/landing page as my "index page" this will be fine, as long as I know that I can only save one page as "index".

Do I follow your answer correctly?

My thouht was, maybe "the home page "must be saved as index". But, it is just the first page. Correct?

Thanks,

Phil

Comment

The page that people will land on when they put in your url is the index page - normally that is also the home page - you can call it anything you want.
          Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks, that's what I thought. See they will go to my lead capture page and leave me their info. I will respond automatically to their info and send them to my "home page" etc.

Comment

Who is going to be so nice as to leave info to go into the site? Or is this going to be a site where everyone is already a member? If that's the case, you don't need se's.

I promise, the vast majority of us won't sign up to see a site.
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yesterday Bethers gave me a good tip to 'optimize' my husband's site www.cemops.net , by addiding some more words to the top. Again, no sign of the site in the search engines. I am gathering, from what I read, that everyone wants to know why their site doesn't show up! I really don't understand why, when you Google 'cement consultants'.... it doesn't come up with just consultants, but everything to do with cement!

Also, if one Googles my husband's book, cement handbook, it appears right away...... but in conjunction with an ICR's publication which, I suppose, has got better notice from the Search Engines? How, though, to get my husband's consultant page to come up on its own?

Another thing I'm not too clear about:- we took out the Annual BlueVoda deal...... by doing that, and using Voda's page properties, does that automatically put in the Meta tags for us? Because I did not use meta tags anywhere in the publishing option.

Sorry for the confusion. Many thanks for your help.

Comment

Yesterday Bethers gave me a good tip to 'optimize' my husband's site www.cemops.net , by addiding some more words to the top. Again, no sign of the site in the search engines. I am gathering, from what I read, that everyone wants to know why their site doesn't show up! I really don't understand why, when you Google 'cement consultants'.... it doesn't come up with just consultants, but everything to do with cement!

Because Google's engine looks first for both words together, then it goes on for single words, so cement is the most common and comes first, the consultants.

Also, if one Googles my husband's book, cement handbook, it appears right away...... but in conjunction with an ICR's publication which, I suppose, has got better notice from the Search Engines?
                  Yes
                  How, though, to get my husband's consultant page to come up on its own?

If the site is about your book, in time it will get indexed by it's own., if the proper keywords and tricks are used. Bethers is by far more knowledgable than me on the topic.

Another thing I'm not too clear about:- we took out the Annual BlueVoda deal...... by doing that, and using Voda's page properties, does that automatically put in the Meta tags for us? Because I did not use meta tags anywhere in the publishing option.

Meta Tags are inserted in the meta tags section of the page properties. If you did so, you are ok.
                  Navaldesign
                  Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                  Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                  DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                  Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks so much for that info and, since I last posted, my husband's site is now appearing 7th down on Google's 1st page, which is very encouraging. Many thanks to Voda and to Beethers yesterday, as she said to put 'Cement Industry Consultant' on the top of his site and that seems to have done the trick. If we now Google that particular "phrase" then it appears.
                    Many thanks for all of your help.

Comment

Your welcome - and remember - things do NOT happen overnight- there are billions of sites out there using the same terms, etc - and you also don't get spidered every day by the se's - so making a change one day - might be a couple weeks before they see it - and even longer before they give you credit for it.

And new sites will not appear as often for terms as ones that have been around for a long time. So it is an uphill battle - and you've taken a big step on that hill.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                      X