linking text to images

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• linking text to images

Hi everyone - my first time at designing a web page and learning all the time!
    I am building a site about parking and would like to know the best way of linking text to an image. For example I have the zig zag yellow road markings on my page and would like what I have written on the subject to appear when the mouse is hovered over it. There is quite a lot of text - two good paragraphs or so up to now.
    If this is not achievable could some short text be displayed offering the veiwer to click to go to another page to veiw the text with an easy way to navigate back to the origional page?

Many thanks in advance!

Re: linking text to images

If your zig zag lines is an image, you can put alt text on the image, double click the image and you will see Alt Text .... there is where you would type your paragraph .... I am not really sure if there is any cut off of the number of words you can use .....

Alternatively, you could link your photo to another page, and set the target to _blank, then when the viewer closes the page of text, your initial page will still be there .....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: linking text to images

You do NOT want two paragraphs of text in an alt tag. The alt text is meant to explain the picture - and no one in their right mind would keep their mouse there to read it all. And se's are not stupid, they know if you're trying to trick them.

You can make the picture clickable to another page - and all your pages should have navigation to all other pages - so your visitors can easily find their way around the site.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X