Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using two computers, password failure when publishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using two computers, password failure when publishing?

I can sign in and publish successfully on our desktop. Our recently purchased and networked laptop cannot publish, due to password error. I can sign into the control panel from the laptop, using the same passwords but will not publish. Happily publishes upstairs? Please help

Re: Using two computers, password failure when publishing?

make sure you allow BV web builder in your Anti virus SWs.
    jahnSELE

Comment

When you say that you can log into cPanel, no problem, do you mean that you can do this by clicking on the button IN BlueVoda that opens your browser and prompts for username/password to login? or are you typing the address to your cpanel in your browser's address bar like so:

http://yourdomain.com/cpanel or http://www.yourdomain.com/cpanel
      --be specific, it will help narrow down possible causes to the error

ON YOUR LAPTOP: when you hit publish, check the IP in the dialog box that pops up(the prompt for username password)...it may be wrong, and even though your error says wrong password, who knows...

**on some sites, no matter if you have the wrong password or mispell your username, their error is ALWAYS "Username/Password is invalid(or incorrect). Please login with your username and password."**

Here are some thoughts that come to mind....

1. Are you using a BlueVoda Website Builder on both computers...if so how did you do this?---by copying the setup from desktop and installing on laptop? or by submitting another email on the bluevoda page using your laptop and installing from the link sent to the email address? or.....
      2. How you accessing the internet from your laptop...if this turns out not to be an error related to bluevoda or user error(i.e. mistyped password or CAPSLOCK) then this could be related to some computer settings.
      Robert
      www.GraphXntrix.com
      Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Not being able to publish, when username and password are the correct ones, is usually due to the following:

1. Wrong IP address (it will also give a username / password error message)
        2. A BLANK space after the password or the username
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

The blank space....thanks for the insight. I have never had that problem, but repeating the last character in my password used to be a bad habit of mine.
          Tip:
          ---whenever you come to a point where you must create a password..
          ..try making the last character, if allowed, one of these: !
          ..or if special characters are not allowed, make it a Q

the ! is my favorite because, for some compelling reason, my natural tendency is to move off the home row and dedicate my attention to SHIFT+1

The blank space...once again...thanks naval. Something to remember.
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Robert, a BLANK space after your password or username, in BV or BlueFTP, is unfortunately invisible. So, using any ! or other special character as the final character, will NOT solve the problem. You simply can't see it's there.
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

ok, im confused now. i was assuming this meant as a result of accidently hitting the spacebar, you know...SPACE. Would I be corrected if I was to associate this BLANK space as a possible result of an autofill or autocomplete feature of the browser? or when copying and pasting?

I've seen it happen that way so it would make sense. My curiosity is running amuck. =)
              Robert
              www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Yes, i intend it as accidentaly hitting the space bar or accidentally copying a blank space together with the password or ysername actual body. But, once pasted, the space is invisible, so you cannot check it, unless you place the mouse pointer after the actual text and press the DEL button in your keyboard.
                Navaldesign

Comment

Thanks guys, I was being stupid. Your posts helped me concentrate the mind, I was trying to publish to wrong IP. Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X