BV 6 new template editions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BV 6 new template editions

Ok, bv has 6 new template editions shown at the bottom of the template page, that look like they are all set up and ready to put into the webbuilder. On all of the other templates, I understand that after you download, and unzip, it appears you have to add each image and create the template as shown on the picture. Is that the same thing with these 6 new ones?

When I downloaded and unziped the file I got a header and a file of images. So do I have to still input each image seperatly in order to get the look of the template? In otherwords, it is not a true what you see is what you get template and you just change the words? (my oh my, I sound so elementary here...but...I am) lol
    Cindy Smentowski

Re: BV 6 new template editions

LOL....download them onto your desktop, unzip them....then "copy to" your Templates folder in BV......but rather than put them into the Templates folder, I created another, and simply imported them into a new page in BV as an image....since they are set up as a 800-900w site, you may wish to create an "object" rectangle (whatever color/with border to end "frizzle") to layer on top of the template's "white" page area to not show any possible color variations where your page runs deeper or wider.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks...I think what happened before, is that the download must have been corrupted, because I didn't get all the files. I deleted them and did it again and followed your directions. So my file contained a file of images, 2 header gifs and a whole gif. So I placed the whole gif as an image. What it gave me was just a background like template. Is that it? I guess, I'm just not getting this. I have a friend that signed up and got an account with vodahost, got her domain and wants to use a template but it's not what she thought. I have a feeling it's not what I thought either, unless I'm doing something wrong.

What about the templates that you have to purchase? Do they come all intact with background, header, nav bars etc and all you do is customize them to your site? Everything I've been able to read on the forum here indicates that you can't edit templates on bv, but that they are just images. Or am I all wet here and really missing the boat.
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Hi there Dreamlady
        What I prefer to do is to have a look at the finished product, then I go about re-creating it in blue voda so that you learn as you go along. I also found that they were not adaptable enough for me. I much prefer the re-creation technique, if you need to design a new site/page you're ahead of the game
        Bruce Hewitt
        YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
        IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
        http://www.thebabydolls.biz
        bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Thanks Bruce! I am trying to work on a project for a friend, but I'm getting different info now. She actually wants to purchase one of the templates. I may just end up sending her to vodabids because she wants it up and running pretty quickly and I don't have an html editor, nor the time it would take me to work on this for her. Thanks for the info!
          Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Have her mail me on bruce@webbrok.com if you like and we can see what I can come up with. My Panzoom site is near completion, the sales techniques I'm studyung for the launch in 2007 isn't very time consuming. I will create a site based on her specs as a sub-domain of webbrok so she can see it updating as often as she wants. I created a site for a lawyer friend of my wife's in about a day.
            Bruce Hewitt
            YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
            IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
            http://www.thebabydolls.biz
            bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

Working...
            X