Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hits r down - have I left something out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hits r down - have I left something out?

Hi there,

I have noticed thru Google Analytics that the number of hits for my website are dwindling down to two or three a day. I was getting at least 20-40 hits each day in the first few weeks that the site was up.
    Have I left something out that I was supposed to do once site was up?
    Do I have to pay for a new press release? Relist? Anything? Please... all suggestions are appreciated. Thx. Mindy

www.bubbeesbeads.org

Re: hits r down - have I left something out?

Don't keep your eyes on the hits - but on the unique visitors. You were getting lots of us looking at your pages - doing your reviews, etc - and that was a lot of the hits you were seeing.

Now, you're seeing what's happening when we aren't on the pages everyday!

Relisting won't help - after they have found you - they will keep coming back. But - you can go looking for jewelry directories to see if you can be added to (particularly ones that don't require a link back or money!)

You could also look for forums or blogs on jewelry and join them. Of course, you can't immediately tout your own website, but I'm sure if you bacame a member of the community, at some point it would logically come up. Some of them allow your name in your signature, some don't - but look around to find those.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth.......not only did you explain why the downturn in hits but now I know what to do to hopefully increase unique visitors.....thx again

Comment

I agree with Beth.

I saw very few hits the first month or so, 2 or 3 a day. I know get around 150, with around 80 being unique. Here is a rundown of on average where my visitors come from in a month, which may help you in finding more people.

Articles written for anxiety websites 15%

Google adwords 15%

Articles written in directorys 6%

Links from other websites(around 20) 10%

Hits from people following up my sig in a forum 18%

Search engines 20%

Word of mouth around 4%

My about me page on my book from ebay 4%

Other 8%

So it is all the little pieces put together that all add up, but with so many sites out there it is getting harder and harder to attract people, but if you are willing to put a little work in then you will begin to see a difference.
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk
        The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
        Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
        Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Working...
        X