Selling items on my web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling items on my web page

Is there any other way, other than creditcard-transactions, I can use to bill vissitors to my site?

Re: Selling items on my web page

Originally posted by Benade
    Is there any other way, other than creditcard-transactions, I can use to bill vissitors to my site?

You could use paypal which includes credit cards as well as people using their bank accounts to pay .... and pay pal is very safe, saves you alot of potential problems too ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You can have them send you checks.

How do you want them to pay?
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
        You can have them send you checks.

How do you want them to pay?
        Thanks for your reply. The problem I have is that I am from South Afrika. I think maybe I can use normal banking. If so, how do I do it?

Comment

Have you tried some of these or similar, (Try Google “online payments”)

http://www.paygate.co.za/ Looks like a possibility.

Explore efficient payment processing solutions and advanced card machines to streamline transactions with Worldpay. Boost your business today.

allpay provides cost-effective payment solutions including direct debit, internet, credit, debit and prepaid cards to public and private sectors.

Good luck.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Also try Google check-out - I don't know if it works where you are or not.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Benade,

If you want to take payments ONLINE you will need some sort of MERCHANT Account and gateway, rather its worldpay, paypal or a regular merchant account. Regular Banking wont work. A regular bank can do your transactions online, but doesnt offer you the ability to do so for others. Im not sure about the particulars of google checkout, but even with google checkout, you will still need some form of a processing bank to transfer funds to you. Problems arise because of where you are located. Ask your local bank branch who they recommend, Im sure they have some specific information for you to begin checking into online transactions.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Unfortunately, Google checkout at this time requires a US bank account. They are still working on making it international - but paypal is much further along here, as google checkout is still in it's infancy.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Chris, I wil visit PayGate and see if thats wat I need.
                  Greetings Jaap.

Comment

Hi,
                    U can also try 2CheckOut. I'm confortablely using it now.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    zahanis mohd zakuan

Comment

******Pay.com is one of the largest global processors, and has incedible access and plans for almost any taste or budget.
                      Additionally, their services easily interfaces with QuickBooks as well as MS financial products (universality, right?). Plug ******Pay into one of the eCommerce solutions here at VodaHost like osCommerce or Soholaunch and the world is yours!
                      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Unfortunately, it does not appear that ******Pay works in the country of Benade. (Unless I missed something in their faq's and that wouldn't be the first time.)
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Honestly, Beth, I did not even bother drilling in to see the complete applicability: they have always addressed every other referral!

>> Which brings up another idea.......(assuming they provided a solution of this sort whenever needed) It may be possible for those in countries that have banking restrictions to simply open up a business/depository account with an "Online Bank" to facilitate the movement of monies!!
                          I would think that that in itself might even be an option for a whole new breed of online merchants as we seek to deal with the perponderance of fees and increasing discounts!
                          Might be worth looking into.....
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Vasili, we did a lot of that kind of looking for a friend - and this friend was able to get an account because her banking is done across the border from where she is. However, not all banks will accept customers from other countries - that is a horse of another color also!

And Karen is working on merchant accounts for offshore - hopefully it will address some of this.
                            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yes, Im working on getting set up with a company that specializes in off shore high risk accounts, and has compatible gateways to access their resources. I havent finalized it yet.. but it will work in most of So. Africa. Transaction fees however are high, but, so is the risk involved. Meeting the criteria to meet their standards is also high, but so far they arent requiring an UPFRONT deposit. I have all the paper work here on my desk and going thru it piece by piece.. and by the way.. i should post a picture of my desk. Its 5 foot wide with a HUTCH and 99% of the time its covered end to end with my lil off shoot projects.

With all that history that you DIDNT need, I hope to have this gone thru and in the setup process by Monday! Then my project is making it compatible with a select group of Australian Merchants I know! :)

And you all just thought I was another purty face.. <eyeroll>

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X