• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Password protection problem

Maybe I am not understanding this?

I created a password protected folder and placed it in my FTP

I then published a page within this folder

this is what i get when you click on the page I want protecting after entering the username and password

http://www.ginocerruti.co.uk/Stockists/

Is this right?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Re: Password protection problem

Sorry just realised you won't see anything when you click on the link!!! as it's protected!

Basically it takes you to a parent page? you know like when before you ever publish a site? It doesn't take you to the page I published?
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

I am trying to remember Marincky, but I believe the directory (folder) you create needs to be within the public_html directory but is password protected ....

So I think the page that you create that you want to protect within this directory, needs to be published to public_html/passwordprotectdirectory ..... and this would be the link that you would click and when clicking on the link you would be prompted for a password ....

I think this is correct ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you I think I have worked it out now. Thanks for responding anyway

Comment

Working...
        X