Fancy fonts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fancy fonts

I built a website in BV and used some fancy fonts (like Dauphin) and I published the page and viewed it on MY computer (pc) and it looked great. On another computer (mac) the fonts were defaulted. WHY?

Also - using lines - I put a underline underneath some text and when I published the page, these lines were about half an inch lower than they should of been. THis is consistent on every page I create, on any line drawn. WHY?

THANK YOU!!!

Mike Lind or Josh Engel
    cystm******.com or engelbros******.com
    www.driftlessorganics.com

Re: Fancy fonts

When using fancy fonts, unless the computer that a user is looking at your site on has these fonts in it's system then they won't see what you see. One way around this is to have the wording as an image then everyone will see it as intended.

Not sure about the underline thing sorry!
    Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Do NOT do wording in a picture unless you don't want the se's to find it- and therefore not give you good rankings.

There are only a certain amount of web friendly fonts- and it really important to use one of them - the exceptions would be headers, etc that are in pictures and it's acceptable to have them in pictures.

Did you use the underlining feature - or did you put a line under the text? Two different things. BUT again - you shouldn't underline anything online that isn't a link - as that's how most people distinguish links.

Web friendly fonts: http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Sorry Bethers, you are absolutely right about the image wording thing not being picked up by the SE's. I did mean to put this, however, I have used it for example on a heading or just the occasional part of a page that may not be important to the SE's but I agree fully with you, not for a whole lot of text no
        Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Fancy fonts are indeed a no no. I used a certain font type on a website I created on microsoft windows xp pro. When my brother in law checked the site out on his mac, it was default- like you have already stated. Also, my brother in law has windows xp on his home computer but the xp software was American? and had a different package of fonts, which once again did not have the same font as I had used for the site.

To play it safe, use the more basic of fonts.

Regards
          Teri

Comment

What is an SE? Thanks.

As far as the underlining - I just drew a line underneath the text as a design element. I don't understand why on every computer the placement of that line is different.

Also - and I am sorry if this is the wrong forum, but on some computers the width of my page is right on (such as my own), on other computers the width of my page is way too wide and therefore the viewer has to scroll over. How do I prevent this? And the height of my page - I go to page properties and change it to my desired height (650), and then publish it, and then go the web and it still is way too long. I go back to the website builder and it has gone back to the original height (1050). What am I doing wrong? THanks everyone.

Comment

SE is search engine -

If you aren't leaving enough space for the elements above and below the line - the line is being "forced" into the space and might not be the same each time.

Your other question has been answered in your other post.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
              X