Trouble with Addon Domains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with Addon Domains

Need abit of clarification with a few things.

1) my original domain is www.witguides.com do I use the two dns servers from this site for my Addon site www.ebook-engine.com.
    2) Do I publish my site with the same IP address and same user name/password but use file- public_html/eboook-engine.
    3) I was able to publish my files to ebook-engine.com but after a couple of hours they would be changed to www.ebook-engine.witguides.com, do you know why this would happen.
    4) Then the new domain www.ebook-engine.com was blank with my directory page.

Your help would appreciated.

Re: Trouble with Addon Domains

1. The servers don't change.
    2. yes.
    3. You will see that only behind the scenes.
    4. It appears fine to me.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by witguides
      Need abit of clarification with a few things.

1) my original domain is www.witguides.com do I use the two dns servers from this site for my Addon site www.ebook-engine.com.

Yes you ensure both those servers are in your account.

2) Do I publish my site with the same IP address and same user name/password but use file- public_html/eboook-engine.

Yes

3) I was able to publish my files to ebook-engine.com but after a couple of hours they would be changed to www.ebook-engine.witguides.com, do you know why this would happen.

I can only imagine you published another page by that name over your previous page ... this is all that comes to my mind, someone else may know something further on this.

4) Then the new domain www.ebook-engine.com was blank with my directory page.

Yes sounds like what you did when you tell me this. You published witguides over your index page .... this is what I believe possibly happened. I suggest you republish the page that you saved as index and this should correct this, keeping in mind you will have to republish your other page by its new name ...

Your help would appreciated.
      hope this helps

Edit - actually i think i see what you mean about changing of the page name, it appears as though your index page is being redirected from the witguides.com page

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

The index page I see is the one with the same name as the url. I don't see the other at all.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
          The index page I see is the one with the same name as the url. I don't see the other at all.
          I only see if for a split second, I see it when I press his link, it kind of goes off quick as a redirect, well at least that is what it looks like, perhaps you land on the page quicker than I, and I can see the hesitation in the address of the url .... strange eh?

Good job witguides on your instructions for add-on domains, top marks to you!

It actually occurs clicking this link Beth www.ebook-engine.witguides.com,

so I believe he may have published his index page over his witguides page .... both go to the index page, is that possible??

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

It will always occur clicking on that - as that is the addon name - and it is redirected to the other -

The url that is important is the www.ebook-engine.com and it works just as it should.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
              It will always occur clicking on that - as that is the addon name - and it is redirected to the other -

The url that is important is the www.ebook-engine.com and it works just as it should.
              And makes sense, you would be right, and it is working exactly as it should .. I was thinking it was another page he had created with his new add-on domain and therefore his page had been overwritten ... thanks for the clarification ...

Witguides, sounds like you are totally on the right path.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Wow thanks for the tips you guys are great!

Yeah you are right everyhting seems to be fine now it just sorted it self out i think.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                X