Inserting HTML into an existing BV page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inserting HTML into an existing BV page

I have created a standard page layout for my product info.
    I have all my product info from another hosting company within an Excel sheet and the text description has been formatted with HTML. I've tried as many ways as I can think of trying to get this to show up in BV but without luck - however I can see it in preview so it's there.
    What I did was insert a text box - went to Edit, then HTML and tried adding the code all which ways: before, inside and after the tag. In preview it's a mess but if it was in BV at all no problem to reformat.
    It must be there somewhere but can't find it.
    Any ideas?

Guess I can just copy it in as text (?) and edit the heck out of it but was hoping some of the html formatting might hold - I've got 100 products to add.

Thanks, help greatly appreciated
    CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
    HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

Re: Inserting HTML into an existing BV page

Do you not need to just use the html box you can get by clicking on it { top left of tool bar}
    Dave

www.eleganceweddingcarhire.com

Comment

Dave, thanks.
      Yup I came across that and it works but I was trying to get it do be a bit smarter but it's a case of html code being imported into an html generator so it's kind of like chalk & cheese.
      Think I'll have to redo it all if i want to be able to edit in BV.
      I've used Dreamweaver a lot but trying to use one site building method from now on.
      Think I'm pressing this a bit far & trying to get it to do something that it's not designed for!
      CedarAtticVents.com Genuine Cedar Attic Vents, Gable Vents and Shutters in many Standard Designs and Sizes as well as Custom Made to Your Specifications
      HingeAndLatch.com Gate and Door Hardware with the look and feel of yesteryear. Traditional and Antique styles to enhance all your entrance-ways

Comment

if you want to use the html - you have to do it in the html box.

If it's just text, you can take the text and copy and paste that into the text box and select your choices.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
        X