Index instead of site name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index instead of site name

Google shows my site name as Index rather than Days Of Blunder, anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this? I've named the pages, so that's not the problem.
    My NASCAR Forum

The robot must have went to your website before you named it. Just wait a while, it should eventually change.
    ::Steven.H::

Comment

Originally posted by Steven.H
      The robot must have went to your website before you named it. Just wait a while, it should eventually change.
      I named it before I ever published it, that's why it seems odd.
      My NASCAR Forum

Comment

my 2 cents

Ask youself if you were searching for the information contained on your site what would you type in? pet121

Comment

Originally posted by pet121
          Ask youself if you were searching for the information contained on your site what would you type in? pet121
          That's not the issue. I'm not asking about search results necessarily - if I were, I'd have posted this in a different area. The issue is that Google sees my home page as Index instead of my site name, and I'm looking for a way to correct that.
          My NASCAR Forum

Comment

No idea

I'm sorry I don't quite understand. If you search for your site on google you find your page to be named index? pet121

Comment

racefan

I took alook and your right you page is index. This is what I think, google takes along time to index pages correctly. Check your stats every day for googlebot activity. I also noticed you are linking with other websites which is a goog thing. Also notice that you page has not been cache yet by google this tells me google is just beginning to look at your site. I am no expert, pet121

Comment

I took alook and your right you page is index. This is what I think, google takes along time to index pages correctly. Check your stats every day for googlebot activity. I also noticed you are linking with other websites which is a goog thing. Also notice that you page has not been cache yet by google this tells me google is just beginning to look at your site. I am no expert, pet121
                Makes sense, I hope you're right. Thanks for the input. You say you're no expert, but you've obviously done a helluva lot of research on search engines and I find your posts very useful.
                My NASCAR Forum

Comment

racefan

Thanks maybe I will send you a email and blow this whole search engine thing wide open.

Comment

Thanks maybe I will send you a email and blow this whole search engine thing wide open.
                    That would be MOST appreciated! LOL
                    My NASCAR Forum

Comment

racefan

email sent

Comment

Read and replied. Thank you.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Hi Pete,

Please enlighten us. Be kind enough to post it in the search
                          engine section of this forum, every little bit of help is welcomed by all.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                          02036089024 / United Kingdom
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks for the message. As you know this whole search engine thing is huge subject but I do know a little. We have had private conversations in the past that were good. I am hesistating however over what I can post and not post. But I am no expert, but would love to help out the forum members the best I can. You need a change in policy in regards to post maybe change the policy in this one area, search engine. I beleive it can only help your forum members. It can also expand your customer base by being a place for everybody to come and find out seach engine information. Vodahits I imagine is a good product and plan on using it in the future. But for now there are a million ways of getting good search engine results. Thanks again ***** for the invitation. Please respond, pet121 Yasoo

Comment

Working...
                            X