Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publishing pages..

Good afternoon, sir..

We just applied a domain name about 3 hours ago. Now, we're just waiting for the approval of Voda to get our domain name. For now, im browsing and reading threads in most forums. And I have some questions:

1. Is the "public_html" is the main folder of all pages (i.e. index (main/home page), about_us, contact_us, etc.)?

2. I understand that the index (main/home page) will be the same as the domain name we applied. Is that right? And is the "about_us," "contact_us," etc. will appear on the browser as: ===> mydomainname.com/about_us.html? and
    ===> mydomainname.com/contact_us.html?
    ***Does it automatically be as my subdomain? If not, how can I do that?

3. We applied for "mutyapublishing.com" as the domain name. When we type the address on the bar of the browser, does it appear as:
    ===> http://mutyapublishing.com? or
    ===> http://www.mutyapublishing.com?
    ***Is the "www" will be automatically seen since it is been published and hosting by Voda Server?

I'm sorry, I'm just a bit confuse about all of those.. I'm so excited about my first work website. Whew! I want it to be perfectly done, if not, better than I expected.

Thank you so much.
    God Bless and More Power, VODA!! ü

Re: Publishing pages..

Please go here for I have answered your question ...

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...ed-domain.html

Please just ask the question once in the proper part of the forum, it is not necessary to create duplicate threads about the same questions.

thanks

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Good morning, mesdames.

I have different set of questions from the two (2) threads i posted. I have 3 questions here need to be answered, mesdames.

Thank you so much and God Bless.. ü

Comment

1. Yes
        2. The index will be : http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html but, it also shows up simply with http://www.yourdomain.com . The other pages are as you said. I don't understand what you mean about with " ***Does it automatically be as my subdomain? If not, how can I do that? "
        3. Both. Most browsers will "understand" if the www is missing, and they will be able to connect the same with or without the www.

If you don't type it, it will not be seen. It will work the same though, with or without it.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you so much, sir.. That would be a great help to me in confirming things in my mind right now.. Thank you again..

Just one thing sir, can you explain to me the "subdomain?" Is it the "index.html" of http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html will be the "subdomain?" I'm sorry I'm confuse about what the "subdomain" is.

Thank you again and God Bless You!

Comment

A subdomain is NOT a page. A subdomain is a folder (directory), in your site, that has been declared as such in the DNS (Domain Name Servers) system.
            What does that mean ?

Let's suppose that you have your site named www.mysite.com and you have some pages, in your site. Navigation through these pages is done using links: menubars, or dropdown menus, or even text, or button, or image links that take the visitor from page to page. So, if you have a folder dedicated to a particular function, (f.e. it might be a folder dedicated to your shopping cart, let's call it "sales"), this is only accessible through links in the other pages. Well, if this is declared as a subdomain, it can become directly accessible. How ?
            Well, when you create a subdomain (this is done in your CP, Subdomains, then you follow the wizard to create the subdomain. The procedure automatically creates the folder related to this subdomain, and the folder usually has the same name as the subdomain), the worldwide DNS system gets to know that this folder, in your site, is a SUBDOMAIN, and it treats it as a site within your site. So, if someone types in his browser www.sales.mysite.com he gets directed straight in that space in your site, in other words he gets straight in your shopping cart. No need to go through your homepage (index).

Please note that for a link as the above to function correctly, you need to have an "index" page in the subdomain also, as you have in your main site folder. This index page can be any type: html, htm or php

You don't really need a subdomain unless you have well distincted sections in your site. A simple example is the one above, and another one is the case of multilanguage sites. In that case you can have separate subdomains for the English site, one for the (f.e.) Italian site, one for the German site and so on.
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

I understand now, sir.. Very well said..ü

Thank you..
              God Bless..

Comment

Working...
              X