Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting to public html page in osCommerse ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to public html page in osCommerse ????

Hi,

Still strugling with osCommerce.

It seems you all are either not interested in osC or know as much about what to do as me !!

I have been through the tutorial again and again and am now trying to work out how to get to the public html page to change the homepage. In the tutorial it suddenly jumps from being on the admin page of osC to the public html page where it shows very clearly how to edit the script. The problem is I have no idea how to get onto the public html page in the first place. I tried to go using FTP manager of my main site (osC is installed on an add-on domain).

Please if there is any one out there who would like to have a stab at putting me in the right direction I would be eternally greatful. Have asked similar question on the osC forum but no reply so and totally stuck.

HELP !!

Rob

www.saulfarm.com
    www.saulfarm.com
    www.pumfrett.com
    www.dampguard.com
    www.zakoapartments.com

Re: Getting to public html page in osCommerse ????

Ok So I've been back to the FTP manager and accessed the public_html area.

The problem still remains as where ever I look through it I cant find the "catalog" folder. Every thing else relating to the new setup is there. The new add on domain. The files for osC in the store directory, but no "catalog" file. !!

Sending me round the bend !!

Is there really no one out there who might like to offer a little help.

Even a daft comment would help as it might make me laugh !!

Rob

www.saulfarm.com
    www.saulsaddlery.com/store
    www.saulfarm.com
    www.pumfrett.com
    www.dampguard.com
    www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Have keeped on going and have now edited the home page. Just one small step but isn't that how every journey starts ?

I'd love to hear how anyone else is getting on with osC, if they found good manual to help them adapt to their desired result, or did the computer end up going through the window.? The forum board is depressingly empty !!

Night all.

Rob

www.saulfarm.com
      www.saulsaddlery.com
      www.saulfarm.com
      www.pumfrett.com
      www.dampguard.com
      www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Rob,

Sorry. I played with zen cart and oscommerce for several weeks, and its NOT easy in my opinion. It takes a learning to curve to play with it, that is at odds with other menu driven software, so its like backwards. Basically the "attributes" means choices but they used some tough means to get it there, in my opinion.

I cant remember exactly how to edit the html pages, except that you had to go to the editor, select the page or name the page you wanted to edit and then do it.

I was running out of time, so I went to soho, which, had some limits in the shipping area, such as choose just one, no multi variations available, unless you have all the weights..etc. Soho was much easier to manage, and with a lilttle skill you can play with their templates, or get the idea of how to manipulate them into what you want fairly easily.

I then moved onto another builder, which.. I love totally and dont think I will consider anything else, unless its to build my own!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

And, I suggest for OsCommerce questions - you'll find people much more knowledgeable about it at their own forum. I know when I was looking at it, I was able to get answers there.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks both for your help.

I think its just a question of sticking with it and using the osC forum is best.

Regards,

Rob

www.saulfarm.com
            www.saulsaddlery.com
            www.saulfarm.com
            www.pumfrett.com
            www.dampguard.com
            www.zakoapartments.com

Comment

Well, in truth all builders have a learning curve, and once it sinks in... it works. Now in truth, i think OSCOMMERCE needs ALOT of customization for templates and layouts, but the backend for adding products is the backbone for many builders. So if you do take the time to learn it... you will be able to apply it across the board. That said, for the first timer, soho is much easier to master. And they are working on upgrades alot here lately.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
              X