Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with getting noticed on search engines!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with getting noticed on search engines!!

Hi!

My name is Summer! I need help with how to get my website noticed on search engines! I'm quite confused by all this metatag/keyword stuff! Can someone please help me out here! My domain is www.manaroa.com .
    Thank you !!

Summer

Re: Help with getting noticed on search engines!!

Before I can help you with seo - I looked at your home page and had no idea why I was there. I had to go from page to page to discover you want to rent the house for certain months.

What market rents houses in NZ for those months? Is it local vacationers? What are the terms they will search for to find you? Those terms have to be used on the page and in the title. Who is your competition - motels? hotels? other houses? bed and breakfasts? and what terms get them found? Again, you need to research this and find out how people will search to find you - after you know that - then if you'd like help, I could help you.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi and thank you for responding! Basically, it is a holiday home that I wish to rent to upper clientelle. This is most likely going to be people from overseas (I'm trying to go intrernational!) and I need to know how to advertise this. I've sort of done all I can with the general idea, but need a lot of help (obviously!! :} ) with marketing it. I've used search engine submitters to put my site on various engines with my keywords being "luxury waterfront accommodation in the pelorus sound, marlborough, new zealand" (or so I thought those were my keywords)as well as heaps more on my meta tags, and figured that would bring people to me. I'm assuming this is not exactly how it works?! Can you help me? PLEASE!

Thank you again!
      Summer

Comment

You cannot put keywords in the meta that isn't on the page. You can only use keywords like your talking in a pay per click campaign to get you visitors without them being on the page correctly.

I'm tied up all day today- but if you email me to remind me - I'll take a look at your site tonight and see if I can give you some suggestions to help with your SEO.

Just send me an email to beth(at)moxie-enter-prises.com with your domain - I'll email you back after I get to do some research on it.
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello - I too would like to ask about getting noticed by the search engines. Two days ago I published my husband's site: www.cemops.net
          I have never been able to use the word-digger, as it usually says "your key word (s) is not acknowledged (or something similar to that). When I persist, it then tells me it's temporarily down! I'm pretty sure I've used the major "key" words in the properties area of the site. We are feeling a little disillusioned as if ones site never shows up in Yahoo or Google, then there's not much point in having a site, is there?
          Would welcome any suggestions, please. Thanks.

Comment

Nanette - First you need to reorder your page a tad - and make the critical words easy to find - so someone coming to the site knows right away what it's about -

I suggest you make a heading ABOVE his name, saying: Cement Industry Consultant Available

Unfortunately, the reason you probably weren't seeing results when you were searching on those terms - is that people aren't searching using them. There are some searches for cement industry - and if someone does a search for a consultant - the above headline should help.

But don't expect much traffic - as again, there are very few searches in this field at all. Hopefully - it'll only take one right search.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello - I'm back with questions about SE's. My husband's site www.cemops.net appeared upon the 1st page of Google for about a day and then disappeared. Why is that, I wonder?

I've been reading up on this forum and am wondering whether I should "insert" the phrase:
              <META name="revisit-after" content="5 days">
              <META name="robots" content="index, follow">
              <META name="Robots" content="All">

into the HTML area and change the visit to 'daily'? If so, where "exactly" do I put it, please? Right under HEAD before META TAGS begin?

Thanks for you help so far.

Comment

First, Google is fickle with new sites. So you might appear, might not - but they will settle down eventually. Also, when you do a Google search you might not always hit the same search center. And they all do not have the identical information - but over time, they catch up to each other.

The meta you're asking to add won't do any good, or any harm. You can tell them to revisit after 5 days, but the first time they do that and don't see any changes, they'll ignore it. It's all about the content on the page.

You can also tell them to follow - but they do that automatically. The real purpose of that tag is when you have something you do NOT want them to follow - when you want them to do something different than normal.

There are some SEO people who will tell you you need those tags. I'm not one of them. But, again, they won't hurt you - so feel free to add them if you like.

Since the se's already have found you and indexed you - and you only have one page, there really isn't anything for them to follow.
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Since we last spoke (see post above) I did put in the "visit" meta tags - just in case - and today was surprised to see that Google has now "filed" my husband's site in a category made by them as 'cement industry consulting'.......... as oposed to the phrase 'cement industry consultant'. But, never mind........ the SE's did their magic and his site is now appearing on the 1st page in their terms.

I can't begin to understand any of this, about S.E's, but I must thank Voda and Bethers for all the tips and info. It's been much appreciated.
                  Many thanks.

Comment

I have no clue what you mean by the filed the site in a category made by them? They simple present what they believe are the best results for the search words entered.

But you're welcome for any help I provided.
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                    X