X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does google not pick up links

I put my website into the tool below
    http://www.webmaster-toolkit.com/lin...-checker.shtml

Most search engines picked my link popularity at around 400/500 showing all my links, then google which seems to be a problem with my site showed just 8, all for this forum and no other links.

I just wondered why, does google not see my links or is there another explanation?

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Why does google not pick up links

Google is very picky what links it recognizes- and won't tell you most of them. Yes, they see them - just are not going to tell you they do :) -

Just keep plugging away - and remember, quality links far outweigh quantity. Now if you can have a lot of quality links, that's even better.

Don't worry about what they are showing and just continue to build relevant, quality links to your site as you can.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Its a clever so and so Google hey.......But we have bethers to ease our worries.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk
      The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
      Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
      Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Comment

Thank you. This was helpful.
        http://moderngirl.freeforum.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers View Post
          Google is very picky what links it recognizes- and won't tell you most of them. Yes, they see them - just are not going to tell you they do :) -

Just keep plugging away - and remember, quality links far outweigh quantity. Now if you can have a lot of quality links, that's even better.

Don't worry about what they are showing and just continue to build relevant, quality links to your site as you can.
          Bethers.... Why don't they show us what they find? I mean, all the others do, I too get three or four hundred showing from MSN, Yahoo etc and Google say 10 or so. I understand them being picky, but I always try to ensure good quality and relevant links into my sites so what is their reason, do you know?

In fact, when I look at my links in to my pages using my Google webmaster tools, I have one site that says 347 links in, but when I use a tool outside of this, such as iweb, it says 6? So if they are willing to show me how many within their webmaster tools, why not elsewhere?
          Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Googles own guru says they don't like to show everything. It could give away how they judge pages and how they make up their algorhythms, etc.

You will find more of the pages Google sees if you have a Google account and go in through there. But even there, you won't see everything.

And that's simply Google :)
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well for one thing link POPULARITY and in bound links are two different things and you shouldnt confuse them. When you are looking at link popularity for a given search term they are counting how many references to you there are for that term. If youve been link trading all to the same page, and usually its the home page thats how u get those high stats on say msn or yahoo. Google on the other hand counts it as how many references IT HAS to you for those terms, not how many are found on the internet. Thats the difference.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you both. I guess it keeps us on our toes!
                Don't aim for success if you want it; just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally.

Comment

Hi
                  I have the same problem is it possible that google pick links only if they are old?

David Brock
                  Director of Business Development
                  OutYard.Com - Find, sell & share your digital goods

Comment

No, google picks up ALL links eventually, its just they may display results from cache because it takes time to merge, and compile their databases...they claim three months.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                    X