Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backround Music?

Hi all..

If I go to page properties and I add backroung music... it does nothing. I do not get any music when I preview or when I publish my pages...

I have no idea what could be wrong.. deperately need help... please...

Thank you,
    Chris

Re: Backround Music?

publish page and maybe we can help
    Ann
    www.MovingOn1.com - My Travel
    www.BeadedCustomDesigns.com - Jewelry
    www.FantasyManorArtStudio.com - Leather Art

Comment

Depends on your file's format and size, it could take ages to load the sound.

there is one small solution for you, but you have to follow the steps carefully (thanks to ez-ez for that).

You can see the following example in my both home pages at:

www.morozy.com
      and
      www.niteproduction.com

FIRST OF ALL, REMOVE THAT SOUND FROM YOUR BACKGROUND IN PAGE PROPERTIES.

1. don't put a whole song to your page background, choose a loop from your music to be 30 to 50 seconds MAX, you can do that in an audio editor software like Adobe Audition.

2. try to compress your loop to mp3 file, in this example I'll call it leansound.mp3

3. open your cPanel, go to your public_html folder, create a new folder inside and name it music (or whatever you want)

4. upload leansound.mp3 to the folder music you've created recently inside public_html using BlueFTP or similar FTP client.

5. go back now to your page where you want to put your leansound.mp3 and open an HTML Box, in BlueVoda, it's the icon in the top left in your tool bar.

(just before continuing, this will help you to give a chance to your visitors to stop and play your sound whenever they like).

6. in the HTML Box, paste the following script :

<EMBED ID="leansound_mp3" src="http://www.yoursite.com/music/leansound.mp3" height="0" width="0" hidden="true" loop="true"><BR>
      <FONT style="position:absolute;left:24;font-size:8pt" color="#000000" face="Arial" onmouseover="this.style.cursor='hand'" OnClick="StartMeUp()"><B>on</B></FONT>
      <FONT style="position:absolute;left:50;font-size:8pt" color="#000000" face="Arial" onmouseover="this.style.cursor='hand'" OnClick="ShutMeDown()"><B>off</B></FONT>
      <SCRIPT>
      <!--
      function StartMeUp ()
      {
      leansound_mp3.play();
      }
      function ShutMeDown ()
      {
      leansound_mp3.stop();
      }
      -->
      </SCRIPT>

7. click preview, now you will see on and off in your page wherever you've putted the HTML box in you page in BlueVoda, and few seconds later (if your sound is small), leansound.mp3 will start.

8. after previewing, you can always go back to your page in BlueVoda and change the position of on and off wherever you want by repositioning the HTML box in your page where the on and off should be appearing, preview again to make sure that on and off are in the right place you desire and so on.

NOTE: you can change the color, font and size of on and off if you want by changing few things in the script, try and test the above, and then let me know what you want to change and I'll tell you how to do it.
      The Producer

Comment

hi,

i do not suggest u to use background music in ur site.

:)
        nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

Wow...

Thank you all for your replies...

I will give it a go Nite Producer and then get back to you - but it seems simple enough.

Thanks you for all your help,
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X