website publishing, add on domain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website publishing, add on domain

Well, as I'm new in Blue Voda I'd like to say "Hello".
    I've never come even close of doing a website by myself, not to talk about Html, FTP, CP and so on.. I know absolutely nothing.
    There was no problem setting up the website so far, I even managed to produce a from (I hope it works) but now I am confused:
    I've got an add on domain and I'd like to publish my website there. How do I do that? public html goes to the root directory and I don't know what that means. But I guess I have to add my domain name to public html like "public_html/www.siamdetox.com". Is that correct?
    I also wonder when I set up the add on domain "siamdetox.com", there was also a subdomain created with my main domain i.e. "siamdetox.phytofiberdetox.com". Why's that?
    I will appreciate if somebody is so kind to reply to my questions.

Re: website publishing, add on domain

Originally posted by RplusT
    Well, as I'm new in Blue Voda I'd like to say "Hello".
    I've never come even close of doing a website by myself, not to talk about Html, FTP, CP and so on.. I know absolutely nothing.
    There was no problem setting up the website so far, I even managed to produce a from (I hope it works) but now I am confused:
    I've got an add on domain and I'd like to publish my website there. How do I do that? public html goes to the root directory and I don't know what that means. But I guess I have to add my domain name to public html like "public_html/www.siamdetox.com". Is that correct?
    I also wonder when I set up the add on domain "siamdetox.com", there was also a subdomain created with my main domain i.e. "siamdetox.phytofiberdetox.com". Why's that?
    I will appreciate if somebody is so kind to reply to my questions.

To set up an add on domain, you need to sign into your account and you will see the domain name which you are referring to in there, ensure that this domain is pointed to your two servers provided to you in your welcome email. You then log on to your control panel and click add on domain, you will set it up in there .... you will then publish all pages to public_html/foldercreatedforyouraddondomain ..... all your pages will then go into that directory and will be an independent website .....

hope that helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: website publishing, add on domain

Sorry, I'm still confused. As I said, I have set up the add on domain already. I understand from the information on the CP that I can log on through FTP using Username and Password for this particular domain. If so, do I have to add no further path to public_html?
      2) If I log in with my user account name and password, does the public_html look like this "public_html/siamdetox" (my add on domain)?
      Or am I completely lost here?

Comment

Working...
      X