X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domain questions

Originally posted by VodaHost
    To learn how to add an extra domain name to your website. Please click the below.

---------------------------

If you would like to purchase a domain name, please click the below.

www.vodahostdomains.com
    Hi,would like to know how much it cost to be hosted by your company and what r the benefits.Does vodahost all me to used the software on a sub-domain website.Would also like to know more abt subscription and folder options.Would also like to know if I could host my own website with my own computer??I'm a newbie at all this stuff.Awaiting your kind reply to my post.Sorry for all the inconvenince caused.
    regard.
    Jerry

Hi Jerry,

Check out our features page at the below link:

web hosting and domain names features list. Quality and affordable web hosting

Yes we allow the software to be used on a subdomain. And yes you can use your own computer to publish your website, as long as you have an internet connection.

Sarah :)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Adding additional domain names to our website

Can I pay via PayPal?
      www.photosc.blogspot.com
      www.slodental.com

Comment

Sure can, click the below:

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I have followed the instructions, watched the tutorials and am still at a loss! Must be doing something wrong.

I purchased a domain name, changed the DNS servers, went to control panel and added domain name. How can I show the first page as index when my website already has an index. Also, once published why isn't the url just my new domain name, like on the tutorial...www.site2.com

Hope I am not confusing in my questions.....
          Thanks,
          Diana

p.s. What does the "warn" 0% mean on my posts (upper righthand corner)
          Diana
          www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

Diana-

It sounds like you have a domain still somewhere else and a new one here at VodaHost, right?
            And, you made the DNS changes "there" to point to the domain here, right?
            You want to show your website, that you published here (assuming a BV created website) when visitors go to the 'old' domain, right?

>> Your old domain ("there") is ponting to your VH account, but can't find where to land, since the website/account you have it trying to find does not exist: your VH account has the "new" domain listed as the primary domain! You need to set up a sub-domain folder with the "old" domain name in your BV folder (My Documents), and in your VH account Control Panel. Then move your BV web pages to the new folder you created (via Windows Explorer), and then re-publish your pages as the sub-domain so it can be found.....

PS- Don't worry about the meter...it displays reports of reported "bad posts".....(Think of it as a reminder to always be courteous)
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

You are such a sweetheart for replying! Thank you! And here goes the "however" part.
              1. Yes, I have a vodahost account and a website called Diana's Designs located at www.dianasdesigns2.com
              2. I wanted a separate page, not really associated with Diana's Designs, so I purchased an additional domain name. I haven't even set up the page, so no it is not an already hosted account account anywhere else.
              3. I thought I could just have a page for our car club so that people could just view that without going thru www.dianasdesigns2.com. Perhaps I am more confused that I thought and this cannot be accomplished.

Everyone is so helpful and nice at VodaHost, how could anyone be anything but courteous and appreciative!
              Diana
              www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

When you added the new domain as addon domain in your account, a new subfolder, inside your public_html, was automatically created. Now, create an index page for the new domain. Create also, in your computer's Bluevoda folder, a subfolder, where you will save all the pages related to this new site, so they won't get mixed with the old one's pages. This new folder should have the same name as your new site, just to remind you what's in there. Let's call it f.e. "site2". Save this new "index" page in this "site2" folder. Now go on and publish this index page, using the same IP, username and password, but in the "Folder" field type "public_html/site2"

This way the new "index" page will only be relevant to the new site.

When people type in their browser www.site2.com they will automatically get there. That's provided that you have added correctly the new domain as addon domain and you have set up correctly the DNS
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

HeyHEYHey!

Nope, sorry!
                  Even if you create and publish a separate page from dd2.com, it would still be published within that account, within that "website" directory, right?
                  To see that page (even though it is conceptually different from dd2.com) you would still have to navigate through dd2 to see it, no matter what you name it....follow?
                  If you have another domain, simply go to your VH Control Panel and add a Sub-Domain (follow the tutorials!) --- you do not have to move the domain, you know --- and then you can publish a whole new website! No need to run around the fence of dd2.com!!!

** Before you do the add sub-domain, go in My Documents (via Windows Explorer - normally), open your Blue Voda folder, and add a NEW FOLDER, naming it whatever that new domain is.....then (still in WinExplorer) move that initial webpage to the new folder.

If you have that new domain somewhere else, go to that User Panel and change the DNS to the same server numbers of your present VH account, found in the original confirmation email. >> If you can't find it THAT way, go through the motions of publishing a page in BV, stopping just before PUBLISH to write down the IP address it shown in the top line....then go to vodahost.com and then click to the page to LOGON/Control Panel to find a listing of all the DNS servers referenced by the IP addresses...that is how to find the DNS servers you will need to modify your "elsewhere" domain to.

should look like this:
                  NS??.VODAHOST.COM
                  NS??.VODAHOST.COM

THEN (finally), publish the webpage again retitled as index, being sure to now add the newdomainame thusly in the Publish Dialog Box:
                  public_html/newdomainname

Poof! You should now see your newly published independent website!

Lemme know how it works out?

Comment

Sorry, General!
                    (Mine took longer, I guess!....Did you get to MY thread in "Forums"??)

Comment

To Vasili and The General....

Goodness you guys are the BEST! I neglected to set up a new FOLDER! I believe I did everything else, but will double check now that you both have given such great instructions. And to think I was about ready to turn this computer off, knowing I would toss and turn trying to figure it out! Now I shall be up for a while longer!

Hey, I just might move up in rank if my brain doesn't soon get in gear!

Will check back with you later...
                      Diana
                      www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

LOLOL!
                        When I first started swimming in the Forum, I was a First Sergeant before I knew it.....I even complained that I was "getting stripes by gripes!"
                        Look at me now....won't be long until I get a STAR...IF they'll have me!

Post away, Lady D! >> If you steer by peer, we ALL have reason to cheer!

PS- Still like your new "do"! Remember??? LOLOL

Comment

Oh yes, I remember! And you are indeed a sweetheart even if you don't have a "Star" . Stripes looked quite well on you! And the Colonel emblem is very impressive!

Getting punchy at 3 a.m. BUT it is now working! Did a quickie index page, published, and waaaaalaaaaaa www.eightballcc.com is now viewable. (Not much to see....but thanks to you and The General it is there!)

Big Hugs coming thru cyberspace! Will catch up with you later...gotta get me some stripes!
                          Diana
                          www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

FANTASTIMOSO!

"Your Success Is Our Success!"

Comment

*LOL* Way too Fantastimoso!

Once again...thanks so much! Catch up with you again when I run into another problem!

That's what I love about this entire organization...a great product and great people who are willing to take the time to help others who are less knowledgeable! Hopefully one day I will be able to help someone!
                              Diana
                              www.dianasdesigns2.com

Comment

Working...
                              X