Tough question... PLEASE HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tough question... PLEASE HELP!

Okay, I have a header that I have on all of my pages... I want to have a page called like header.htm and just have all of my pages call that page and put it at the top. I don't want to use an iframe... Don't ask. I was told I could do it using css. Help?

Re: Tough question... PLEASE HELP!

Hiya, try this one from Naval: http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/blu...ge-bv-php.html
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

pemdas-

You are gonna love the solution that collectors-info has suggested!!!!

Gotta love Navaldesign!!

Andy
      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

You can only use Naval's solution if you're ready to change all your page names - and lose any current ranking you have with the search engines. Yes, it's an excellent solution - if you're building new, or if you're still so new that you don't need to be afraid of doing that!
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Beth-
          Being three months into my re-build and optimization- I am thinking of using Navaldesigns method to have better/easier control of the ever growing site.
          I have gone from 75 in google to 58 (when Grosse Pointe) is typed in.
          I am picking up about 14 to 20 unique visits per month right now and expect that to double/triple by May.

Knowing about my situation and site- what do you think?
          Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy, you're gaining ground - you will go back to square one on all pages except your home page with ALL the se's. And google will take MONTHS to clear out the old pages. I'm still struggling with that after moving a site over to VH on July 4th - MSN and Yahoo dropped my old pages after about 1 1/2 to 2 months - Google is STILL sending people to them - not as many. For me it was worth it because that host and all the problems there had to be addressed and moving was the only solution.

You do have a BIG advantage - something I wasn't able to do - you can have all the old pages redirect to the new - which means you really should be okay. That will just be the initial work of setting them up.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth!

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Wow! Thank you so much. Can't wait for my pages to be done so that I can impress this association!

Comment

Working...
                X