X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlarging a map on site

Hello,
    I have a temporary map (gif) on a site, whiskeybayonline.com
    and instead of creating a new page (and waste server space) and hyperlink it,
    I would like to just click to enlarge the map. You know, so it opens as a pop up instead of creating another page. Seems like I saw this somewhere here but can't find it again.
    Any ideas ? Thanks for all the help...past and future.

Keith Starr
    keithfalkenstein.com
    add on domain: whiskeybayonline.com (this is the site in questiion)

Re: Enlarging a map on site

In order to accomplish this you would need two pictures. Lets take the existing picture and name it pic1.gif. Now create/get the larger picture and name it pic2.gif. In the picture properties- have the smaller picture when clicked on hyperlink to pic2.gif. Simply size pic2.gif to the size you wish it to be. Make sure pic2.gif is uploaded to the server. Because pic1.gif is on the page- it will be uploaded when the page is published.

Or you could create a link as you have (Click here for details) and hyperlink that to pic2.gif. Either would do or you can do both.

Hope that helps.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Thanks, Andy.

I wound up just linking the small map to mapquest. So visitors can zoom in or out as needed. Duh........

Thanks, Dude.

Comment

Keith - you can do it much easier than the above. The map is an image - just use the gallery feature of BV - insert it and put to have it open as a pop up or in a new window. You'd need to insert the picture into the gallery as the size you want it to appear when they click to open it - the gallery will automatically make it smaller - and if you click to generate a thumbnail - it won't take any time at all to open on the page.

Almost all my products are input this way.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

That sounds like the best option.

Cheers,

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

This is quite a nice one for something slightly different.
            Put 1 large & 1 small image at the server & use the code this site will provide for a roll over enlargement. IE: small image always there, large image when mouse is over the small image, back to small when mouse is moved off.
            Sometimes you want one image to be replaced by another as soon as you move the mouse over it (“roll-over effect”). Possible uses are e.g. optical illusions, or before and after pictures. To help create this effect, I wrote a simple generator for it. Unfortunately, this was more than 15 years ago (around 2005), so […]

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
            X