Issue importing an HTML page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue importing an HTML page

I'm having some issues importing a template I bought. When I bring it up in a browser, it looks great. But when I try to bring it up in BV, it is missing some images and things aren't lined up right. Does anybody have an idea as to what is going on?

Thanks,
    amdarden

Re: Issue importing an HTML page

what exactly are you trying to import? what format is it in?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

It's a template for a web page. The file format is HTML 4.01. Also, I'd like to share my web page with someone else who develops sites for some finishing touches. Is there a way to export pages from Blue Voda.

Andy

Comment

Here's the initial page I was trying to import. I have since created a new home page, so I won't be using this. But it might help me in the future when working with other pages. FYI, on the last post I would like to be able to export to HTML. Thanks for the help and I like working with Blue Voda.
        Attached Files

Comment

For the images to show up correctly using a template you need to make sure they are published and also, if the template uses a ".psd" file from Photoshop, most likely you need to check the url's pointing to those images each "slice" is composed of.

Okay, i know what you mean by wanting to "export HTML from BlueVoda", but I also want to laugh and say, "Piece of cake, it's called publish." In all seriousness though, I believe you are saying that you want to be able to send the full HTML of the current page you may be working on in BlueVoda to say....Photoshop or DreamWeaver or another program??? Am I assuming correctly?

I have tried quite a few ways to accomplish this, but I cannot seem to make it work with anything without tinkering with my system and application files, which I loathe doing because I usually end up with an "Operation System" rather than a useful computer. If certain things weren't copyrighted then this wouldn't be a problem, but they are.... and it is. =)

I am working on some simple ideas that might make it easier for me to work with my bluevoda pages and html pages at the same time, but being as easy as just EXPORT from BlueVoda there is no direct method that I know of, unless I missed some neat tricks somewhere in the forums.

I will take a look at it for ya.
          Robert
          www.GraphXntrix.com
          Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I would like to be able to create an HTML flie locally that I can send to someone that they could update using Dreamweaver. I suppose I could send the BVD files and have them download and use Blue Voda, but this person is a professional who would be doing me a favor and I hate to impose on them.

Comment

Well, all this talk is making me really want to find out how I can get my other programs to handle the .bvp extension and make the pages we build cross-program compatible. Since it isn't, which in my opinion is a good thing, there are other ways you can handle your pages like you want to, but it depends on what you mean by having him update the page using Dreamweaver.

Do you mean that you want to be able to save the page you created in BlueVoda (without publishing it to the web) in a format which can be sent to your friend which can be opened using his Dreamweaver and be able to edit it, then be able to send it back to you as a "Final Copy - Ready for publishing" page?
              Robert
              www.GraphXntrix.com
              Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

That's exactly what I want to do. I remember reading somewhere that the BVD format was compressed. Thanks for your help.

Andy

Comment

.bvp is not meant to be able to be handled by the other programs - or it would no longer be proprietory to VH which it IS meant to be. If it could all be exported to html you would be able to publish it anywhere - which you cannot and are not allowed to do.

If you want people to be able to work on the page, they simply have to download the BV web builder and you can send them the .bvp page and they can work on it there - and then send it back. Of course, images will not appear that are on one computer but not the other.
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Yeah, that's kind of what I thought. I've already started down that path. I was just hoping that maybe someone knew of a tool or something to get around that. Thanks for the help.

Andy

Comment

At least this issue helped me get to Corporal.

Comment

One other question. Is there a version of Blue Voda for Macs?

Andy

Comment

No
                          Navaldesign
                          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
                          X