Video Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Forum

Is there anyway vodahost can add a video type forum..... similiar tot he one vbulliten provides?
    Clan FFA-Halo 2 MLG, Machinima, and Glitch Clan
    http://www.ffaproam.com/

Re: Video Forum

Check this link, videos are in this section of the forum

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/voda-tv.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

no, i meant a forum we could add to our own sites lol

Comment

Already there, Clanny!

You obviously have not yet explored your cPanel or the "Add a Forum" forum yet....
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

well i have, only offers are phpbb and SMF. Im talking about a full on Video Forum similiar to a vbulliten video forum. Where it has video link, name, author etc

Comment

You don't get it.....

I personally have a phpBB forum that I have "customized" with a template (for the look and feel, as well as adding "sub-category" functionality) which I am currently using not as the intended "forum" but as a Resource Center for my employees to log onto from all parts of the country: I have a multitude of training videos, forms and documents, archives of product images, a library of reference materials, even some applications, and so much more....all loaded onto the 'forum' for them to access, download from, and even post their daily sales and other info to in the regular forum posting manner! As simple as it seems, the fact that phpBB offered me a "platform" to keep things organized across the borad with a "technology' that was capably familiar to everyone soothed any feelings of logistical "compromise" I alone saw.

(Knowing how to use a utility is only the beginning...finding out everything it can really do demonstrates the degree of your creative leanings!)

To whet your appetite, I suggest you meander through the depths of the phpBB Support Forum, browsing the multitude of "skins" and the endless Modifications offered....

And....if you still desire a true video interface/webcast ability, look into WebEx.com (the cheaper alternative to MS Conferencing). You can subscribe on a monthly, seat number, event sequence, and other attractive optional basis plans.

PS: "Free" is always better, and the ability to easily do things yourself is the freedom needed to grow unrestrained.

Comment

thanks you very much for the info

Comment

You are already using SMF, and apparently have already loaded some videos......why all the superfulous questions then?

Comment

well, i kind wanted a video forum.. seperately. not integrated into my SMF

Comment

Originally posted by clanffa
                    well, i kind wanted a video forum.. seperately. not integrated into my SMF
                    You need to have SOME platform to use ....there is no way around it......unless you go the streaming route (a continuous feed, like TV stations do -- and even some radio stations, showing the booth), and then it will be a single channel, not downloadable nor 2-way......

You are still bouncing off the webcast model.....and since that is a very large technology, it is why you can still get into it by dealing with the big players (as it is not a feasible offering from a web hosting provider) : MS Conferencing, WebEx, Vodaphone, Cisco, etc....maybe even Vonage has something to offer by now too, as I know many of the ISP's are getting into digital communications big time (like Juno offering telephony/webcast, Earthlink and Video exchange, etc.).

Either you will need to compromise your scope (as I did) or pay big bucks to do something you may not really need after all.....

Comment

well i have, only offers are phpbb and SMF. Im talking about a full on Video Forum similiar to a vbulliten video forum. Where it has video link, name, author etc
                      vBulletin offers no such thing. What you've seen is a very impressive bb code modification for vB that allows the playing of videos and other media on a vB forum. You can add the same thing through most .php based forums, but it will require tons more file editing.

Comment

0. thank you very much!

Comment

Originally posted by unforgiven
                          vBulletin offers no such thing. What you've seen is a very impressive bb code modification for vB that allows the playing of videos and other media on a vB forum. You can add the same thing through most .php based forums, but it will require tons more file editing.
                          Where did you come up with that?
                          It is not difficult whatsoever (and requires no special php scripting) to load a video, mpg, or other dynamic file to a board!
                          And, if one would suppose to undertake a sideways "overcomplication," there are a plethora of MOD's available for just about any template written!

Comment

lol, u tell him Vas

Comment

lol, u tell him Vas
                              Please....you can call me General, Vasili, Eric, Sir, Boss, .... but not "Vas" or after 10 PM.......

Comment

Working...
                              X