Video Optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Optimization

One of my clients wants to display an event of about 5 hours on the internet that also live. since i had no idea about it, my client had an idea of hiring other ppl for the video job. since vodahost does not allow me to used my webspace for some third party, i want to know how the video optimization is done so that i can do it myself.

things like, the software, the hardware and the technical part.

i would be glad if i got the answer from here.
    nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Re: Video Optimization

Hi Sameer

5 hours is huge.
    On my panzoom site I have a demo video I have done for the launch in 2007, it is made up of 9 clips that total about 4 minutes, the total size of each clip is around 250kb. Five hours would then weigh in at around 150mb. Do they want continous video? Have they produced the video already or will you have to do it?
    Bruce Hewitt
    YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE...
    IT MIGHT AS WELL BE TODAY!

http://www.panzoomproperties.com
    http://www.thebabydolls.biz
    bruce@webbrok.com

Comment

hello Bruce,

they are going to have this event and they say they are going to put it live on the internet. so there is no question of being produced but rather be put in the internet itself. any suggestions how this can be done?
      nhugu.com - We are professional solution providers to facilitate in your corporate, business, official and personal presence in the web.

Comment

oh yes Bruce, they want it "live" not be produced and then air it on the internet. so i don't know where to find the solution.

Comment

Hi Sameer, this option of a live to internet is a big deal, it needs some big work, because it should be installed as a radio station (as an example).

What you can do is to contact one of the biggest companies in your area who are able to do so, it's been years ago that some friends of mine did that from a radio station.

So what they did actually is:

They have 5 cameras setted up in the main monitor reception which is connected to the computer so they can watch what is in the main monitor in the computer, but the way to put it live in the net, that too technical, you better contact some IT professionals for that.
          The Producer

Comment

hey guys, i'm still hungry for more informations

plz help

Comment

Sameer - that's a MAJOR undertaking - and you'll really have to find a company that can do it and host it - and it's going to cost a fortune.

Even the tv stations that show footage on line - do so from clips - I doubt it's something you'll be able to do yourself and, again, to even consider it, you need to find a company that already has the know how and equipment.
              Beth
              A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hello all and Bethers,

i think i have known a little bit about video optimization, the devices and stuff, but the main consideration is bringing the data to feed in the website. how do i bring the video that is happening, lets say a mile away from my workstation... actually it is my problem but still i can look for solutions here right?

and yes Bethers, i can host it in my account, i don't need a fortune. i have vodahost with me ;)

Comment

the only way i can see is to use a third party company online say then use the link on your website in an i frame say like an open window to the video so it isnt realy voda that is showin the vid if you know what i mean, do a google and see if there are any free sites that will host the live stream like mycampage.com ? othere than that cant you record it then stream it say an hour later?
                  The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
                  Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Well, that's true.

I agree with allstarfaces, the normal Tv show that you are watching at home, see, you think that is really live? NOWAY, the live show goes from the studio to your TV box "with a maximum speed using a direct satellite" take 12 secs, well, imagine, how long it's gonna take from a site of event to your computer to the net, + if so many people open this events in the same time, you should have really a strong module for that mate.

There is an advise "continuation of allstarfaces" :

plug the cameras of the event to your computer, in every 15 mn or 30 mn, save > stream > publish, in the mean time you are still recording the rest of the event. (you should find softwares and work out techniques to do so).

BUT, you better use more then 1 computer for that, to avoid problems or crash disk, it's a live event and I don't think you want to mess up with it specialy if it's a client's.
                    The Producer

Comment

And you say you have Voda - I say you'll quickly use all the bandwidth and have nothing - I'd look carefully at the bandwidth this is going to take.
                      Beth
                      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
                      X