Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Issues

Hello everyone.

Something strange has just happened.. I was using Blue Voda all happily when all of a sudden it just closed. I just thought I overloaded it (lol) loaded it back up and now I just tried to publish a page... and the "Publish" button has gone
    I want it back! lol

Regards
    Teri

Re: Erm... I cant publish..

Hey Teri,

Go re-download the BlueVoda software and then try again.
    Best regards,
    Jeremy

www.cornwall4rent.com

Comment

Im actually thinking its something wrong with my computer.. *Gets scared* Everytime I try to do something, (eg click on Outlook express) It just says "cant preform this operation low on memory".
      How.... Odd?
      Thanks Jeremy, I'll do that now :)

Teri

Comment

Let's give your computer a tune up.

1) Click Here to download a piece of software call ccleaner. (install and run it)
        2) Defrag your hard drive....follow the below...

Start >>> Programs >>> Accessories >> System Tools >>> Disk Defragmenter

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Computer Issues

Moving to personal computer forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I cleaned it all up yesterday, but will do it tomorrow again. Thank you for the link :) I didnt actually re-download Blue Voda, the "publish" button just.. Re appeared... I think there is something spooky going on lol

Thanks again
            Regards
            Teri

Comment

It sounds like conflicting processes to me. Check your security and info logs for any clues as to what was occuring at the time of the incident.
              Right click on My Computer and click on Manage. Under manage- look at security logs, info logs and system logs. It will tell you there if there is an error.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

As long as you keep getting that you are low on virtual memory - you'll have lots of things happen. You need to clean out the computer.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

I cant get anything up in the logs Andy. But (touch wood) everything seems to be going ok this morning. My old computer used to be low on virtual memory all the time, which was understandable because I packed so much stuff on that and it was an old computer. But this one is new and I clean it out all the time. Maybe, if it carries on, Ill take everything off and redo it.
                  Thanks everyone.
                  Regards
                  Teri

Comment

Re: Computer Issues (Low memory)

Hey Teri! Hi! How you're doing? This is Apoorva. I am from India, Mumbai.

I saw in your second post, you said "can’t perform this operation low on memory".

I would like to ask you a few simple questions as well will provide you with few suggestions and let's hope that it gets your " low on memory" issue fixed, at least uptill some extent.

Q1. What is your Hard Disk's total capacity? How many partitions does it have? How many Operating System (s) (OS) is/are installed on this Hard disk? If you have 2 Operating System installed, than from which Operating System are you facing this issue? What is the amount of [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']free space left[/FONT] on your [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Hard Disk[/FONT] for the OS which is displaying this “low memory " message on the screen?

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']REMEMBER[/FONT], Hard Disk being [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']running out of space[/FONT], say for e.g., ( I have a 80 G.B. Hard Disk (HDD) and now the free space remaining on my Hard Disk is about 200 - 250 MB ) would be considered as one of the major reason why people receive this " Low on memory " message. I am not sure but this might be the one of the many cause for this Issue.

I would advice you to kindly get the some (about 1 G.B.) data moved to another partition ( if you have 2 partitions on the same Hard Disk ) rather than the one from where you are booting. This might help fix the Issue.

Secondly, it might be possible that you might have too many applications running when you logon to Desktop and the amount of space available in your Ram is [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']falling short [/FONT]to satisfy the needs of the other applications.

Under this scenario, you need to open a very famous utility (used to manage startup programs) called as "MSCONFIG" by clicking on Start button (located right at the bottom left) and than by clicking on “Run” from the menu which appears. After this, a window will appear with either a blank box or something written in it and highlighted. You need to type in [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']msconfig[/FONT] and press Enter. This brings up the MSCONFIG utility on your computer screen.

Now, kindly click on the [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Services[/FONT] tab and deselect all other un-needed service [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']leaving[/FONT] the Microsoft Services & [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Anti-virus[/FONT] Services.

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Teri, it would be better if you could provide me with a screenshot of the Services tab as well as the Performance tab[/FONT] so that I can get a fair idea of your computer Ram whether it's low on space? I also need to know your [FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Operating System which is again very important for me[/FONT] from the troubleshooting point of view b'coz the steps which I have provided above might differ in terms of Microsoft's Operating Systems.

I hope that you know how to take a screenshot and attach them in this existing thread.

Hope to hear from you soon....
                    Apoorva M. Sheth.

Comment

Hi there thank you for the real detailed reply!

The total capacity on my Hard Drive is 250GB. In which I have only used 31.2GB. I also have 1 GB of RAM.
                      I think (by reading what you wrote) I had too many programs opened at one time. Programs such as BlueVoda, Photoshop, Yahoo messenger, Aim, Internet explorer and I think I had Media player going as well. Opps!

Thanks again for your time and helpful post
                      Regards
                      Teri

Comment

Working...
                      X