Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with Gallery

Hi there,

Guess updating the site and learning never stop. So......here's another question.

Is there a tutorial about using "Gallery" pages with both photos and text?

If so where can I find it.

Thx.

Mindy
    www.bubbeesbeads.org

Re: help with Gallery

Hi Bubbee

Not sure on the tutorial, but you can insert a gallery on your page in your blue voda web builder, the icon is near the bottom left of the page. You then double click it and add your photos individually. You can add as many photos as you like, but it's probably best to stay within 25 or so per page, that is what I do anyway. It will take more if you like. The gallery automatically creates the thumbnails and when the thumbnail is clicked on, it will open an enlarged photo. The size photo it opens will depend on the original size of the photo you inserted into the gallery. It is best to have these images reduced somewhat in size, I tend to use '400 x '400 or so. You can do this with pic resizer. You can tug on the handles of the gallery once your photos are inserted, (being careful not to distort your photos though) this allows the size of your thumbnails to be a little larger, you can have a certain amount of rows or columns as you like. You will notice these settings when you double click the gallery icon to begin using it. As far as text goes, you can insert text around or beside each photo or even on top of the photos if you like. You are not restricted with your text at all.

Hope this helps, give it a try, it's a nice feature. If you want your images to roll through as a slide show, you could use the ad banner rotator feature, also at the bottom left of your side toolbars, inserting the images the same way. They will then play through as a slideshow.

Good Luck, hope this helps!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

What LadyEye didn't mention - is that you can also insert a bit of text directly with the Gallery feature - this text will show up immediately under the picture and is limited by the size (width space) you give to that photo. I use that a lot to "name" my products or sometimes for prices.

To use this - when you have double clicked to put in a picture, click on the name of the picture - then change where is says "Thumbnail Title" to what you want to have appear (the name of your picture will be the default. Then, on the top of this window, click over to text. To have this appear, you have to click the checkmark "Include title" - then put in the information on the text. Of course, the smaller the size text you use, the more you can fit - but it is limited to 1 line in the space alloted to that picture.

Play with it.

Actually - the best way to learn lots of these features are to have an unpublished page open and play with them. See what you can/can't do.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

I use paint.net to resize photo to 500X500, then I resize the canvas to 500X600. This leaves plenty of room for text with the text tool. However if you want to change text size you must do the text in two operations remembering to save between operations. Now the text is part of the new image and can be used as a single image.

Comment

Working...
        X