Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-mail problem

Hi!

I'm not familiar with outlook etc. but I succeeded in setting it up. but I don't know how to create a possibility to use it from my website. I mean, I want people to click on my e-mail address on my website to contact me. I want this small window to open so that they can type the message and sen it. I'm sure you know what I mean. but - how to do this?

I tried to highlight the e-mail address and bookmarked it as mailto:contact@tatraview.com but when I chcecked it in preview only an empty window appears. is it because this funtion doesn't work in preview but only after publishing or I did something wrong?

Please help me.

Vila

www.tatraview.com

Re: e-mail problem

Originally posted by vila
    Hi!

I'm not familiar with outlook etc. but I succeeded in setting it up. but I don't know how to create a possibility to use it from my website. I mean, I want people to click on my e-mail address on my website to contact me. I want this small window to open so that they can type the message and sen it. I'm sure you know what I mean. but - how to do this?

I tried to highlight the e-mail address and bookmarked it as mailto:contact@tatraview.com but when I chcecked it in preview only an empty window appears. is it because this funtion doesn't work in preview but only after publishing or I did something wrong?

Please help me.

Vila

www.tatraview.com

You would need the entire name of your website i.e. http://www.tatraview.com You would highlight this and by doing so would be creating a mail link to it, either use the word email, or contact, or whatever, highlight that word, and insert the mail link in full ....

You may want to consider using the encrypter for your email address as this will prevent spammers from getting your email address off of your website ... The link to do this is here you then insert the html script that this generator gives you into an html box on your page, the word you chose during this coding will be the word that shows on your site, and when clicked will open up the senders email program which is what you want to do ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Doing what you want is possible but I suggest to do forms in BV to avoid spamming. You can do that by doing forms in BV. Click the below to learn how to create forms in BV. Note: Please read and watch carefully the tutorials.
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-part-1-a.html (1)
      http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/for...-part-2-a.html (2)

The tutorials is made of two parts. You MUST first read and watch the first link and read carefully both.

Regards,
      Jayson

Comment

I used forms in bv to let other people sent a message to me.
        I created a simple box, where people type their name, their e-mail address (using editbox) and a message (using text area).
        when I publish the page I asked my friend to try to send a message to me from his computer but he was not able to type his name and e-mail address. this problem doesn't occur on my PC. could you check it and if you are also unable to do it, can you tell me why is that?
        (I don't know why the background of editbox has yellow coulour. I tried make it white but it doesn't want to accept it, and change it into default)

you can find it in "contact us" on www.tatraview.com
        Please, help me (again)

Vila

Comment

Working...
        X