Shopping Cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shopping Cart

I was wondering is it possible to add a shopping cart feature to Blue Voda using HTML or some script instead of using something like Soholaunch?

Re: Shopping Cart

Hi, most are stand alone carts, but you can add paypal buttons to your items. The other way, is you may be able to put the kart in an iframe. But I would check the functionality of how the cart works before you do this. EI: how the windows open.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Yes, of course you can - look at my sites - both Pinata Palace and A Child's Palace are made in BV with the code added for the shopping cart. Millions of sites (including some very large companies) use this method.

There are various places you can do this - I happen to use Cart Manager (you can find out more about them here: www.moxie-enter-prises.com/cartmanager.html)

Also available is Mal's ecommerce.

Yes you can also use paypal - which you can use with CM or Mal's also - but with CM and Mal's (and others out there) you have the option of having a complete merchant account - which is what I choose.

I do NOT recommend trying to do a cart in an iframe - that would be a nightmare - remember the cart has to be secure!
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

By the way what do you mean by the cart has to be secure? Do you mean that the server has to be secure, in that case im going to be using blue voda's server.

Comment

To secure your store you need to have a SSL certificate: http://www.vodahost.com/ssl.htm
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

You need an SSL if you go with Soho or a cart like OSCommerce.

You do NOT need an SSL for Google Check-out, Paypal, Cart Manager, Mal's -because you will have your transactions on their secure server.

Also, with some merchant accounts now, you can use a connection to them that puts the transactions on their server - also negating the need for an SSL - but you have to know which way you are going.
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well you need "A" SSL, not necessarily your own, and you can use for instance authorize.net SIM, (Simple Integration Method) where you actually check out at authorize.net and use their SSL, similar to using cartmanager or Mal's Ecart, but without pasting any code or buttons. Not all builders are compatible with that. Thats why you will often see two Authorize.net options on a cart builder, and I cant remember if soho integrates with the SIM or not, but many builders do, i believe ZEN does, but I cant remember if OSC does.

I also dont know if other Processors offer this option, which is why many SOHO users do have their own SSL. Merchant Gateways like authorize.net actually do prefer you to use your own SSL, and might be looking at a rate increase for SIM applications in the future, or so I was "hinted" to.

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
              1-302-283-3777 North America / International
              02036089024 / United Kingdom
              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Well this is a longshot but I was wondering if you guys could help. Im trying to use paypal but im having problems with my script I keep getting this.

Im on a paypal forum but basically they are not helping at all.

Warning: doformerror() [function.include]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/esfjdryi/public_html/thesilvershopper/checkout.php on line 61
                The form you submitted was not complete.

I'm sorry, but it appears that you forgot to fill in a required field. Please go back and correct the error.

Warning: doformerror() [function.include]: Failed opening '' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/esfjdryi/public_html/thesilvershopper/checkout.php on line 67

When I click on function.include I get this:

Not Found
                The requested URL /function.include was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

Are you saying that you're having trouble putting the paypal script on the BV site? If so, you put their script in an html box.

If you are having trouble creating the paypal buttons, then I'm afraid I can't help. But others here do use paypal and might be able to.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Well I go to the control panel and put the script in that way.

Anyway they finally told me whats wrong, on the paypal forum, but im still having problems with something else. I tell you what could you please point me in the direction of anybody who could help me with paypal......this problem is driving me crazy.

P.S. BV servers do have activated support for php?

Comment

Working...
                    X