Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make tables move to desired location on page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make tables move to desired location on page?

Hi,

Try as I might, I have not been able to get a table to move from the upper left corner of the page on BV. I want to be able to place it in various locations on the page.

I have used the table maker on BV and made my own table from scratch and nothing happens. This is getting to be quite frustrating as I like to use tables to separate sections on my pages.

Ted
    Simply Quit - Smoking

Re: How do you make tables move to desired location on page?

could you elaborate on what you mean by wanting to move your table?

What is the function of this table?
    Robert
    www.GraphXntrix.com
    Your Visual Revolution Solution

Comment

Hello Robert,

I want to put a table on my BV page to insert affiliate links, banners, and/or images. This way I can keep them nicely spaced and not looking sloppy and I can have a clean setup on different parts of my page.

Whenever I put a table in the html box it always stays on the upper left corner of the page and I cannot get it to move anywhere else on the page for proper placement.
      Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

i don't understand. what htm box? from 'Page HTML' or INSERT>HTML box, and then pasted the html code for your table?

is your page published that is having the issue so we can take a look at it?
        Robert
        www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Hello Robert,

On the BV site builder there is a box in the upper left corner that you click to insert html code. When I click the box and insert the html code for a table the table appears on the upper left hand corner of the page when I preview the page. Then when I try to move the table, say from the left hand upper corner of the page to the right hand upper corner of the page it will not move. Anything that I put on the page can be moved to various positions on the page except tables and I just do not understand why.

I do not have a page published with a table on it. I am trying to set up a page with tables so that I can arrange the elements I want to put into the table in an orderly perspective.

It seems to me that if I want to use tables on a BV page that I should be able to place the table anywhere on the page I want to without regard to anything else.

Ted
          Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Using a Table in BlueVoda as a container for custom table: example

This is an example of what I use on some rare occasions. Food for thought:

here is what this example looks like published:

http://www.graphxntrix.com/pics/custom-table.html
            Robert
            www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

You could have the tables displayed in an I-Frame. In this- you could have it any where on the page you desire. As the table grows- your page would stay the same and they could simply scroll the I-Frame to view the table.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy's idea is a good one. By using the I-frame, you can move and size it anywhere you want on the page your working on in BlueVoda as a placeholder for the actual element, data, or even another webpage. Simply give the iframe the URL of whatever you want it to contain. Whateve size you make the I-frame, it will stay exactly as is, but will allow a visitor to scroll horizontally or vertically if the actual content it contains is larger than the I-frame.

However, Andy, I am guessing that might not be what he has in mind, but it's definitely something he should experiment with, it's worth a shot.

**please note...the page above is twacked out...I changed alot of settings and added some scripts too, so It will be out of commission till I can get some help with some php.

hint hint
                Robert
                www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Hi Robert,

What you presented is pretty much what I had in mind. To be able to use a table set up similar to yours and use it as a page template that can be cloned for other data input.

Hello Andy,

I have two Iframes on my site already and really do not want anyone to have to scroll down through a table to see what is there. I want all the information pretty much above the fold.

Thank you both for your input and help.

Ted
                  Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Ted-
                    So what you are saying is that once you click on the table icon the table appears on the page and you are unable to move it? Of so- there is a glitch in the program. I suggest that you re-install the BV web builder, maybe even download the latest version too. That should clear it up.

Hand coding a table in an html box should allow you to move it anywhere.

Could'nt hurt to give it a try.

Andy
                    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy128
                      Ted-
                      So what you are saying is that once you click on the table icon the table appears on the page and you are unable to move it? Of so- there is a glitch in the program. I suggest that you re-install the BV web builder, maybe even download the latest version too. That should clear it up.

Hand coding a table in an html box should allow you to move it anywhere.

Could'nt hurt to give it a try.

Andy
                      Hey Andy, a thought randomly came to mind when I was messing around with a blank page and put an HTML BOX on it.( just a single, new html box) I sort of did a double-take with myself because I simply have never payed attention to this before:
                      Instead of double-clicking the box to bring up the dialog where you paste your "Custom HTML", and has the "IMPORT" button on it....

...I RIGHT-CLICKED the box and chose "HTML..."

I know double-clicking is the same as choosing properties, but I have never really experimented with these boxes much. I usually know for sure what's to go in them, you know? Well, the HTML... dialog brings up the "2 part" window(grey code on top, 3 tabs: Before, Inside, After Tag on bottom) and I notice that the grey part is empty. This is the 2nd time ive been able to see the grey part empty in using bluevoda. Anyway, my mind is just flashing away trying to understand what this means or if I can interpret it this way as follows:

This is giving me a dialog box that shows no pre-existing tags or code of any kind for this HTML box and I have 3 locations I can paste whatever code I want.... The Before Tag, Inside Tag, After Tag... and after throwing some junk text around, just to spot the coding when I look at the PAGE HTML, and ALSO throwing some text in the PROPERTIES DIALOG box of the HTML box(the one with the import button when you double-click) I still am wondering if this may be a probable way to define a custom container in blue voda???
                      -I mean my mind is fixated on the idea of being able to define the "code-within-the-code-that-holds-the-code"

In other words,
                      HTML PAGE when it's published that has an
                      HTML BOX inserted in it in which IT'S tags can be defined by you,
                      AND
                      Custom HTML can be in it, but I see that white space as "PUT CODE HERE" not just html code.

make sense?

Should I take a vacation?

now to check php forum again, my pages and junk won't show
                      hint hint
                      Robert
                      www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Hello Andy & Robert,

Now that I have re-downloaded BV, for the third time, I still get the same. Another thing that happens when I try to put the table code in the html box the table shows on the preview page. The problem is is that it will not move anywhere else on the page and something else I forgot---it does not allow any of the data already put on the page to show.

This is getting to be a bad thing with BV. I should be able to insert a table.

Ted
                        Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

okay, i have to ask this... Do you mean it won't move around on the "Preview" of your page in your browser??

if you would like, could you show us the table code you are trying to insert or use? or at least describe the layout you are trying to accomplish or "what is WHAT", "WHAT is going to be WHERE" , and then maybe we can help you figure out "WHAT needs what? to be WHERE". Don't laugh, lol. oops

Honestly, Im gonna look for this cool table maker I lost on my computer somewhere and see if it can do something for ya.
                          Robert
                          www.GraphXntrix.com

Comment

Hi Robert,

I have to get ready for work righ now. I will put a table on my site when I get home tonight and then let you know where it is at. I don't know if I told you guys that it is in preview that shows me that the table is not moving where I want it to go even though I place it where I want it on the builder.

What I will show you will be the general layout of the table that I will use. There may be some alterations as I go along.

I have not published with a table yet as I figure if I can't get it placed on the builder page where I want it and then preview it, why publish.

Ted
                            Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Hello Robert,

Here is a URL to a page that I just published with a table on it. http://www.yourothermall.com/cosmetics.html .The table is positioned at approximately 600 x axis and 150 y axis. Below it on the left side of the page should be an affiliate link at approximately 400 pixels down the left margin. As you can see the table is on the left side of the page and the other image is nowhere to be seen.

Ted
                              Simply Quit - Smoking

Comment

Working...
                              X