Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the bigest photo size what we can upload ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the bigest photo size what we can upload ?

Hi to all

I prepared a new photo gallery and I am worry abouth file (digital photography) size which I allow to upload.
    How big the file can be? Is there any limit?

Thank you in advance.

Damir Pildek

Re: What is the bigest photo size what we can upload ?

I may have it wrong, but if you publish the page, you don’t want it to be any larger than a few hundred KB for the whole page, other wise it will take ages to load onto viewers screens.
    A thumb nail should be about 10-20 KB max & the main image about 100-200 KB max depending on size of image that is viewed. Any size over this will not look any different on the web. This may help http://www.vodahost.com/pix.htm to get your images to a smaller size. Or is there anther reason you may want large image files???
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I would agree with Chris ... and like he says about the thumbnails, these are created with use of the gallery feature ...

I guess I would add that if you are putting more than one image on one page without the use of the gallery and thumbnails, you should also reduce those images down to around the 20 kbs each so that you don't get the long load time like Chris says ...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thank you for answers but I want to sell a photos and I must have originals on the server (in folders) which the castumer will download after paying. The size is from 2 to 11 MB per photo.

Comment

Hi, that’s no problem. You would store the originals in a place on your site that can be downloaded from after payment. So in actual fact! You will have a thumb nail to a larger screen view, this will be sent to your site via publish, then have a 2-11meg original images for download. You will have to upload these heavier images by FTP.
          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
          X