Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disappearing photos

Hello!

I have problem with photos on my website again. they are not visible at all, ot it's a very narrow line instead of a full photo.
    I know that if I delete the page with error photos, remove these photos from bv and change their names and put them back to bv and then publish the page again - it should work. (I did it in the past).

My questions are:
    - why does it happen? why my photos just cannot stay properly on the page?
    - what can I do to avoid disappearing my photos in the future? I don't really fancy the idea to check every day if the photos are still there. and republish the page so often.

my website is www.tatraview.com . the problem is on the page "further away" (in Around Vel'ka Lomnica) and on the page "prices and availability" (in "our offer").

I used Gallery tool (not Image) in bv when I put photos on my pages. (is it better to use Image tool? or maybe something better exists in bv?)

Please, help me!

Vila

Re: disappearing photos

I've seen this happen before, I don't believe we ever found the true answer, but redoing the page seemed to fix, this actually happened in the jalbum ...

I am going to take a stab at this and guess that the images are just too large for a thumbnail ... your images are very large and while it is nice to offer that size picture, it really isn't necessary ...

Using the gallery feature with the thumbnail is good for what you are doing ... But I would resize my photos, down to about dimensions of 400 x 500 or somewhere within that physical size ...

Your pages are loading very slow for me, this will also help with that ...

A few other things I noticed, you have alot of sideways scrolling .. consider setting all your pages to '800 width, this will fix that ...

The other thing I noticed, every page seems to open in a separate window, you have a ton of pages and my browser windows were all filling very quickly, you don't need these pages all in separate windows, I would recommend just leaving that target area empty so this does not occur ....

Download pic resizer from voda or alternatively use the online image optimizer found here

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi,
      I stopped counting; the page is well over 3 Meg in size. This is mainly down to images. Try to make your thumb nails about 10-30 kb & the main image 100-250 max, some of your images are well over 1 meg.
      A good example is your front page image is 135 kb @ 800x500. Yet this one as a thumb nail http://www.tatraview.com/Slovakia%20...ice%20(23).JPG
      Is 1371.95 kB for a 85x128 image.
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

ok, thank you, I will have lots of work... I have lots of pictures on each page so this will take time...

have anice day!

Vila

Comment

Working...
        X