Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying data from MySQL

Hi
    I’m looking for help on the following; if anyone could help out I would be very grateful.
    I'm building a site that will take user-dater from property agents, allow them to upload data via a simples set of forms, the data is stored in a MySql ect.

1st I’ve created the Security Codes for these users.
    2nd I’ve create the forms that they have to fill in
    3rd I’ve create the table/s that the data is stored in…

So good so far..

Having never worked in PHP or MySQL, (past work was in ASP-Access - Dreamweaver)

Could anyone help me with the following?

I do not know how to display specific content from the database for each registered user
    (not viewer-guest)
    I have no problem building a search table ect, that was easy as per the tutorial.

I need to be able to let my registered user see and edit their property details
    (Each user can and will have multiple listings)

At the moment I’ve got to the stage where I can login and fill in all the forms but as a user in this example I cannot view or edit my listings

Also
    I need help with a log out section for my users.

Asking a lot I know, any help will be very grateful

Thanks
    Jeff – Scuba-Doo

ID:11732

Re: Displaying data from MySQL

Well, what you need is this:

www.navaldesign.info/therapy2/menu1.php See how the user can loggin, view and edit his OWN details (not those of other members) and how he can logout. Use Username demo1, pass demo1.

However, these are custom made scripts, and complicated enough. Not only, but they can also be structured in different ways, depending on your actual requirements and database structure. I can give you some directives, but the actual coding is hard to explain.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi
      Thanks for the info, sorry but your link didnot load..
      Could you check and re-post please.

Thanks
      Scub-doo

Comment

Please check now
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi, yep that works .
          That is just the type of layout i'm looking for, simple clean and effective.
          So the big question?
          Where do I start with the code ect?
          ps can Blue Voda & soho work together or do you have to work in just one program?
          Thanks
          Scuba-Doo

Comment

BV and Soho cannot work together. You can, if you wish so, create a part of your site in BV, and the rest in Soho, and link the two.

Sorry, i had not understood you were building the database part in Soho, what i just showed you is direct hand coding, using BV for the visual part. The search page is in www.navaldesign.info/therapy2/search.php but all this is built with handcoding. I beleive that Soho must have some mecchanism to display search results, though i have never used it. I don't like the restrictions that Soho obliges me to.
            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
            X