Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me for password, plz

Hello,

I have followed the instructions in one of ur posts, but still have troubles, plz help:
    1- I have made the folder (protected) in the public_html folder
    2- I have made a password for it from c panel
    3- how to upload the following 2 pages to it: marriage, marriage_A (plz write me the complete.
    4- what is the URL for linking those 2 pages separately

Thanks
    Mohamed

Re: Help me for password, plz

Originally posted by mohamedtsidik
    Hello,

I have followed the instructions in one of ur posts, but still have troubles, plz help:
    1- I have made the folder (protected) in the public_html folder
    2- I have made a password for it from c panel
    3- how to upload the following 2 pages to it: marriage, marriage_A (plz write me the complete.
    4- what is the URL for linking those 2 pages separately

Thanks
    Mohamed
    The new folder that has been made is called protected. In other words this is its new directory. So you upload your new pages to public_html/protected

the url will be http://www.yourdomainname.com/protected.html

When your enter this url you will be promoted for the password you made and once you enter the password you will then go into that area and your pages you made will be accessed, upload all pages you want in this protected area to public_html/protected

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

That is fine, it worked...BUT

I have put a link in this protected page to my index page..and it never worked..it deals with index page as if it is placed in the protected folder, so, it nvere reached it.

what should I do now ???

Comment

just recheck the url you gave to that link, the url to your index page should be www.ursite.com or .net or whatever it is.
        The Producer

Comment

Thanks, all things are OK..
          But

Now, I have just re-installed my windows and setup bluevoda. When I log into FTP manager, I can not find the "protected" directory in the public_Html. Should I create it again and put all the stuff into it again ????

I can view the protected pages through the web, which means that they are not deleted !!

Comment

Working...
          X