Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone give me their opinion on new cover for my book

Hello everyone,

Please could someone take a look at the new book cover I have recently done and tell me if they like it or not and if it is an improvment on the last one. Below is the old one still on ebay, the picture is not brilliant but it will give you an idea

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...4938&rd=1&rd=1

The new one can be found here, thanks a lot.
    http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/the_book.html

Regards Paul
    www.anxietynomore.co.uk
    The U.K's largest independent site for help with Anxiety and Panic issues.

Buy and Source Wholesale Make Up
    Up to 75% off Branded top end Make-up.

www.firstwebcall.com
    Affordable Website Design.

www.anxietynomore.co.uk/blog

The most active blog on anxiety on the net.

Re: Can someone give me their opinion on new cover for my book

Hi Karel

I read alot of boos and I see your topic has to do with Anxiety and for that reason I think the new cover gives more of a relaxing feel.

The only thing I will like to share, is I think the 2 leave should have a colour nothing to strong just a tint of green, this also give the impression there is HOPE!

The feeling I get from the new cover marketing wise translates: The brown shows the darkness one feels when faces with anxiety, but the green (if you do add it) give a feel of there is light pertruding at the tunnel and you (Karel) too have found it!
    Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

Paul...as you might expect, you will get differing opinions here!! lol I personally like your first one. I think the blue one actually has a more calming affect. I also like the 2nd one, but when I look at it from first glance, I get a "broken" feeling. The first one, however, gives me a more soothing feeling. My 2 cents!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

No this is exactly what I want, we all have our own views. If I actually get more votes for my original one then I will go back to it.

Thanks for your input.
        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Hi Paul, Actualy, I like them both, my opinion will be about the "if you life is bundered ........." could be more smaller at some other position or something, BUT, if I were you I will just put the books name "At Last A life" in a different font, bigger just a little little little bit, center it in the cover, and all the other information go inside - maybe in the inside front cover with the water picture you had before in black and white with a 25% opacity.
          The Producer

Comment

I can't decide - I like both of them. I think the first, the blue - has a nice calming feel. I think the 2nd has a more sophisticated feel but not the same calming. I think I lean towards the 2nd, but I really can't decide! Maybe you could use both LOL - there are books with more than one cover out there.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

I can't decide - I like both of them. I think the first, the blue - has a nice calming feel. I think the 2nd has a more sophisticated feel but not the same calming. I think I lean towards the 2nd, but I really can't decide! Maybe you could use both LOL - there are books with more than one cover out there.
              I totally agree, I am erm not sure, I know I will ask the people on the forum!!, Trouble is now I am more confused than ever lol.

I totally agree though that one is more calming, but I felt it was not as professional as the other.

Please keep adding your views so I can decide.

Regards Paul
              www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

I like the secon best becuase it is more relaxing. The first was nice but I immediately was 'struck' by the second. Hope that helps.
                Beezz
                sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

It does Bee thank you, I am begining to sway that way myself : )
                  www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Both are good. I feel the darker the blue the less calming effect. IMO!
                    Choco777
                    www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

I agree with Choco ... the blue is too dark for calming me ... lol ....

Because of your site colours I like your new one, you have done a great job keeping the tones all together ... so with that in mind, I like your new one ... but, I would like to see the image have more of a 3-D look to it, just so that it does not look so flat, know what I mean?

Personally, what I find calming is lighter blues, wings, unicorns with wings, clouds, skys, doves, all signs of peace and calming for me .... I have an image somewhere here that has a nice unicorn with wings, if I remember correctly, it is very calming, in fact I was going to do something for a freedom foundation once and it would have fit nicely ... and freeing yourself from anxiety is what you are all about Paul .. the only thing is using these tones, do not match at nicely with your site .... so torn here I am.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

lol Holly, I keep taking one step forward and two steps back.

On the 3d look, mmmmm I always think these cheapen the look more than enhance. I was thinking about taking a picture of the book and adding this. Theres a thought!

The other point about it being calming, I understand what you are saying. I don't want to get to bogged down with a calming theme, I think a nice mix is better. I feel these are more for calming C.D covers than books on anxiety.

Ohhhhh I don't know.....That's why I appriciate all your opinions.

Regards Paul
                        www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

Originally posted by karel
                          lol Holly, I keep taking one step forward and two steps back.

On the 3d look, mmmmm I always think these cheapen the look more than enhance. I was thinking about taking a picture of the book and adding this. Theres a thought!

The other point about it being calming, I understand what you are saying. I don't want to get to bogged down with a calming theme, I think a nice mix is better. I feel these are more for calming C.D covers than books on anxiety.

Ohhhhh I don't know.....That's why I appriciate all your opinions.

Regards Paul
                          Hi Paul:

I think you have a great idea about taking the actual picture ... but what are the real books colours, lol

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I have changed my mind, I think maybe it does look a bit flat. Is there a free tool to make them look a bit fuller or a create a 3D effect? One that I could play around with?

Good point also, what are the new colours? lol........Agghhhhhh.
                            www.anxietynomore.co.uk

www.firstwebcall.com

Comment

lol .... Paul .. I am playing with it now, and right now I am just putting the cover on a bit of an angle and that is not looking too bad, lol ....

I know, I know .... I think you need some sort of photo editing program, just with microsoft photo editor you can rotate too ... I'll see what I come up with and I'll bet some other people will too ....

I would stick with the colour scheme though of matching your site, and this new one does .... again, all in my opinion, lol ....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                              291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                              X