Renameing 'under construction' page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renameing 'under construction' page

Sorry if this looks like a duplicate thread but after reading the others I still could not sort it out.

My problem:
    I spent many months designing a site in BlueVoda and never got it finished so I decided to make a temporary "under construction' page. When I tried to publish the under construction page I learned (from a forum member) that I had to first publish the 'index' page which was the first, unfinished one.

When you go to the site: www.thai-land-house.com it's shown as www.thai-land-house.com/underconstruction.com

Now, I've expanded the 'underconstruction' page and would like to have it as the original or 'index' page without disrupting the original one. I know this may sound confusing I'm not able to sort it out.

Any help with this would be greatefully appreciated.
    Thank you
    Tomissan

www.thai-land-house.com
    Thai House Plans
    Interior - Exterior, 3D Design

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Re: Renameing 'under construction' page

Save your homepage as "index" in BV and MUST be publish in pubic_html folder. And check you redirects if you created one.

Comment

Originally posted by j_enriquez
      Save your homepage as "index" in BV and MUST be publish in pubic_html folder. And check you redirects if you created one.
      thanks for the super quick reply.

In BV, the 'under construction' page is already saved as 'under construction' and the original site that I didn't finish or publish is the index page. How do I go about changing or fixing this???
      Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

1. It appears that the "under construction" is your "index" page. Do you save it as your "index" page in public_html folder? or
        2. Is your site www.thai-land-house.com/under_construction.html is your original site?

Comment

1. It appears that the "under construction" is your "index" page. Do you save it as your "index" page in public_html folder? or
          2. Is your site www.thai-land-house.com/under_construction.html is your original site?
          No. the original site is different. In fact, I want to take it out and leave only the 'under construction' page making it the index page.
          Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

So, the www.thai-land-house.com is different from www.underconstruction.html?

Check for you VBS account if you want to cancel the thai-land-house.com as your domain and make underconstruction.com as your index. Am i reading it right?

Comment

So, the www.thai-land-house.com is different from www.underconstruction.html?

Check for you VBS account if you want to cancel the thai-land-house.com as your domain and make underconstruction.com as your index. Am i reading it right?
              Yes, they are two different sites. the original one was never finished but I thought I had to publish it in order to publish the under construction page.
              Maybe I'm not describing it properly..
              Basically what I want to do is make the under construction page the index page and take out the other site. In other words. making the 'under construction page the index page for thai-land-house.com

thanks for your help
              Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Alright, rename "underconstruction" as your "index" page for your domain http://www.thai-land-house.com and publish it under the folder public_html. When you type the specified above url, it MUST be the same as new http://www.thai-land-house.com/index.html for http://www.thai-land-house.com/underconstruction.html
                Important that you delete the "underconstruction" file on your cPanel but save it first as index page if you want the same homepage to appear.

Regards
                Jayson ü

Comment

Alright, rename "underconstruction" as your "index" page for your domain http://www.thai-land-house.com and publish it under the folder public_html. When you type the specified above url, it MUST be the same as new http://www.thai-land-house.com/index.html for http://www.thai-land-house.com/underconstruction.html
                  Important that you delete the "underconstruction" file on your cPanel but save it first as index page if you want the same homepage to appear.

Regards
                  Jayson ü
                  ok. I think I understand.
                  In BV, rename the 'underconstruction' page as index but then what happens to the original 'index', do I rename that one also?
                  The next part confuses me..sorry, still a bit new to this but appreciate your help...
                  regds,
                  Tom
                  Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

The original index will be replaced by the new one and it is called overwriting. ü

Comment

The original index will be replaced by the new one and it is called overwriting. ü
                      I tried changing the name in BV but it wouldn't allow it saying that file already exists. Are you saying I should rename it in Cpanel and if so how?
                      thanx again
                      Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

ok...I think I got it. now publishing it to the web.
                        Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

No, problem.. Just feel free to ask here.. Go to the proper forum and produce a thread, and a lot of people here are very willing to help.. ü

Regards,
                          Jayson "Es0n™"

Comment

No, problem.. Just feel free to ask here.. Go to the proper forum and produce a thread, and a lot of people here are very willing to help.. ü

Regards,
                            Jayson "Es0n™"
                            Jayson,

I renamed the "underconstruction" page in BV to thailandhouse_index and published it but the under construction page is still active. can you tell me how to delete the underconstruction page in cpanel...
                            Thai House Plans

www.Thai-Land-House.com

Comment

Log in to your cPanel. Click "File Manager" and another window will appear. From there browse the file and make and click the name and on the right, it will appear some option of what you can do to the file.

Regards,
                              Jayson

Comment

Working...
                              X