Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please take a look

Hi,
    I would be grateful if anyone out there can takea look at this website in progress and see if I can add or subtract elements that may help its functionality and look so as to attract maximum visitors.

Website located at http://www.thecornmarketbar.com

Also could you let me know if the message is scrolling at the bottom of the home page.I can view on my PC but the oewner of the site cannot view,don't understand why as I added code to page html to prevent caching so can't be that.

Re: Please take a look

Hi, the front page loaded & the scroll came across once at the start?.
    Also got the scroll on this page http://www.thecornmarketbar.com/bistro.html
    It runs all the time! But this type of scroll will with firefox.
    This page http://www.thecornmarketbar.com/venue.html could do with some better quality images, or larger. Lighting is a very hard one to put on the web & don’t feel these bring out the best feel for the venue. Maybe even a click to a larger pop up.

Good luck.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

I like the uniqueness of the site. Just a few housekeeping comments.
      1. On the home page, need a better photo. The one there, I find a little blurry. Also the scrolling white text going back and forth is difficult to read. The fireworks on this page I think work fine as a home page.
      2. Events Page - Need to center...I don't like the fireworks on this page because when I mouse over the annimation, I get outline boxes of the gifs. Plus I think it is distracting when Im trying to read the events list.
      3. Bistro Page - The only thing I see here is a continueous scroll of text. Just want to make sure that's all you have there so far.
      4. Gallery - Just shooting starts right now...no pics
      5. Contact Us and submit cv pages seems to work with all pop up messages. I didn't send the form, but everything seemed ok up to that point.
      I agree with Chris in that you need to spend some time to get some good quality pictures and I would also make them slightly larger.

I love your header and Logo! Keep up the great work!
      Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Thanks guys, great feedback and totally taken on board. I will try to get better quality images from the owner of this site.

I have not completed the "bistro","gallery" and "links" pages as I am awaiting information for these pages.

Thanks for letting me know that the pop ups and scrollers are working. I very much appreciate your time to get back to me so thanks again.

-Liam

Comment

Hi Dream Lady,

Why does the box outline appear when I (and everyone) mouses over the "flash" text or images?

I could do with this not appearing so I would be grateful to anyone to help me make them disappear

Comment

Hey Liam...Sorry, can't answer that, because I don't know. I'm sure someone will be along who can though!
            Cindy Smentowski

Comment

Yes,I'm sure someone out there will help and thanks for all your input. I have requested some more images but it looks like I am limited to the ones in use but maybe I can persaude the owner to let me take some pics myself.

Have a very wonderful Christmas & Prosperous new year.

-Liam.

Comment

Out of curiosity - did you change the size of the image and take it out of proportion? That is often a reason for what we're seeing. Or possilby you took the original and made it too small in pixels for the image. You might be able to clean it up in a photo editing software.
                Beth
                A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Your Bistro Page needs some work. My opinion is get rid fo that scrolling marquee and just put it on the page. I dont want to sit there and wait for the scroll to tell me what hours etc you are open... Just type it out.. remember K.I.S.S.

Keep
                  IT
                  Simple
                  Stupid..
                  and no im not calling you stupid i am just quoting what it stands for. The flash and that looks great, but keep the MEAT of the site for your customer or viewer!

Karen

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                  1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                  02036089024 / United Kingdom
                  291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Aloha:
                    I like the flash in the title. The lettering in the homepage is difficult to read. The gallery page, and I know you know this, had nothing on it.

The page with just the scroll - it was scrolling too fast. Plus the page needs a photo of some sort on it. I like your colors, they really blend well.

Why are you only open until 6pm? That's when people are just starting to drink. What kind of food do you serve? You could feature a few signature dishes.

I think your site looks good and with a few tweeks it will look great!
                    Good luck to you.
                    www.hawaiionyourown.com

Comment

Great Site and agree with comments above. As stated before witha few tweaks hereand there you'll havea good site and don't forget to optimize your site with the best possible keywords. Good Luck
                      Beezz
                      sigpic

http://www.bzzybeezwordz.blogspot.com

Comment

Lot of work,
                        Seems loud and hard to read.
                        Bill
                        www.blueearthtea.com
                        www.ftaaconsulting.com
                        www.iaval.com
                        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Spelling errors create a feeling of the site being "unfinished" or "hurried"....(even mis-spelled your own name on Venue page!)

A bit lopsided layout: either pages lacking any content, or way too full with too many pictures......(sometimes it might be better having only one or two picture areas, and any additional "in rotation").

A slightly larger overall page size might help to give the space required to develop content, and to offer more visual balance....if you stay with the colors chosen.
                          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Agree with majority...just seemed difficult to get through...hard to read, hard to see...stop the scrolling
                            Choco777
                            www.mayatabasco.com

Comment

Thanks a lot to all above. The feedback is just wonderful and I will get onto changing a few things straight away, others will have to wait until I recieve the content for the unfinished pages etc.

Thanks again guys,much appreciated.

-Liam.

Comment

Working...
                              X