renaming pages, ABVFP shortcuts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• renaming pages, ABVFP shortcuts?

I really need to rename all of my pages for the SEs to find my site. I have several forms and was wondering if I change the name of the page the forms are on, do I have to complete every ABVFP again for each form, or is there an easier way to do this? Why do I do everything the hard way?!!
    www.loveitshop.com

Re: renaming pages, ABVFP shortcuts?

Go to the proper thread.. It is Naval Design Expertise..

Regards,
    Jayson

Comment

okey doke, I will give it a try... Thank You!

Comment

Yes, if you rename the pages, you will need to run again the ndadmin.php The other way round (but i doubt it could be easier for you) would be to edit, AND rename the configuration file of each form directly on the server.
        Alternative solution: disable ABVFP's referer check. This way you can use the forms as they are and rename your pages, without doing anything else. But, you will not have checking for illegal form submission.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Just curiosity on my part - why do you need to rename the page - it would be much easier to make sure the page title and other factors are SE friendly. Right now the titles aren't doing you any good.
          Beth
          A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
          SEO - The Basics

Comment

Dumb question here... aren't the page name and page title suppose to match?

Comment

Page name and page title are two different things. Page name is how the file is saved on your computer (and your site). Page title is what appears on the top bar of IE as page title. If you rename your pages, you need to do the form configuartion file again, to match the new name. If you simply change the title, you don't need to do anything regarding the form.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Ok... I am so glad I asked! While I'm at it... do I need to name the alt text like the page title, with an underscore, or can there be spaces?

Comment

alt can have space, capitalizations, etc. What it should be is a short description of the image - preferably using your keywords.

Remember - the main purpose of alt tags are for text only browsers and the blind - as well as the se's can read them. Make sure they are representative of the picture - not just being used for the se's.
                  Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank You!! It is just hard trying to find the perfect keywords for my site. I have picked up great advice from the forum... so yeah!!

Comment

Tracy - I use the following tool to find keywords:

http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/suggestion/

Play around with the words you think your potential viewers will use - you'll find some you're right on - and others no one uses - and you'll find some phrases that will suprise you.
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thank You, I'll give it a try!

Comment

Working...
                        X