Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Concierge/Lifestyle Management Colleagues in VH

Hi to all

Just was wondering if there are any VH members who are concierge and/or lifestyle management business owners or if anyone has contact with someone in the industry that I may be able to get into contact with?

It would be much appreciated!
    Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Re: Any Concierge/Lifestyle Management Colleagues in VH

Personal "concierge" services are rather prolific, and I have no idea if they are actually profitable.

If you are seeking affiliation within the (travel) industry for enhanced capabilities, you might first inquire with some consolodators (or wholesalers) such as Travel Impressions or Swain who specifically serve both the Leisure and Luxury markets and have these ancillary services available.
    ** They will only deal with accredited agencies or certified agents
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Hi Vasili

Thank you for responding to my topic.

In Holland it is not that well known business and therefore are many possibilities. I am looking to service people in holland, but also international clients coming to holland.

I don't know if you visited my website, but please do and share your opinion. Maybe you have some ideas that can also help.

Once again thanks
      Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

A. You need to check out the "Page Properties" in BV to see what dimensions you have inadvertantly "Saved" and correct it to 800 wide, check "Center in Browser" and resave the page....then re-publish it. It is way too far to the right (Your actual page layout should be centered on the "400" ruler line if you set page width at 800 wide).

B. You Menu buttons are in desperate need of making the size of font much smaller to fit your buttons with precision. (If they are 11pt now, make them 9pt for instance). You need to always have a margin around text.....which brings up the next item.....

C. To stop your intro text from presenting as if you have the last line at "space and a half", remember to always hit the spacebar at least once after your last period or character.....add that one space to your text in every box assures that it will not reform when published.

D. I think there is a conceptual dysfunction with regard to your site Purpose, site Banner, and Content focus.....Keep Track might be an effective idyom to describe your services, but if you intend to offer services as a concierge, then where is it presented on your Main page??? As it is now, this makes me think you are either a personal Gal Friday, a Diary of some sort, or a personal lifestyle counsellor......What is wrong with "Keep Track Concierge, Preferred Lifestyle and Traveler Services" as the banner?

And this was just one the first page....I hope you don't think I am coming across too hard, but I feel you would want to know what I saw was obvious and imperative......I like your concept, and think you can develop this with great success if you nail down the logistics and web design details early.

Comment

Hi once again Vasili

I really appreciate your input! It is sometimes difficult to stand back and look at what is not right when you are the one creating the situation.

As I am still new to website building, so it will take me sometime to go over all you have mentioned, but I will get on it a.s.a.p

Thanks again
          Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

Hey Vasili

I saw your message on the other forum, I did read your mail in this forum. I hope the changes I made are more or less what you mentioned. I tried last night to change some things. Hopefully tonight I can continue with somemore changes.
            Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

Nicole......you are doing a wonderful job!
              The colors, crisp layout, clean presentation....all works very well.

You should still correct the text box on your Main page to reform the line spacing: on the page where you have your intro copy "...Keep Track is here to help you get through the day!" you need to double-click to edit, and place the cursor to the right of the exclamation point, and hit the spacebar just once (maybe even 2 times, to be sure) to add a space... This will allow the text to be perfectly line-spaced, rather than the last line looking like it is set at space-and-a-half.

And....on your interior pages......it is unwise to not have your header/banner, logo, or your main identity at the top as is on your Main/index page...... You should reconsider this design mandate, even if it means using a smaller one if need be.
              (Speaking about the banner....I would make your text a wee bit smaller, and use a color complimentary to your site design, rather than black and as big as you can squeeze into the text area. AND...really consider using the suggested tag line I mentioned earlier to define your purpose in the all-critical first 15 seconds, putting it in under your main banner text in smaller font & accented color: "Preferred Lifestyle & Traveler Services")

Otherwise, I believe you are off to a grand beginning!

When it is time to do your proper page titles, key words, meta tags, etc., you should look at this thread to get it 100% optimized from the beginning...it makes it sooooo much easier than having to go back and do things over!

Take a peek at my newest "Corporate" site....still incomplete. Tell me what you think...

Comment

Hi Vasili

Well I've put my heart and soul into improving the website.... I've put the line you suggested. I used Lifestyle Management instead as here in Holland it is more unique and the I really don't want to be to much associated with the travel industry (we have travel bureaus on almost every corner).

My logo ... I think it is catchy for a concierge company, hope you have the same feel for it.

Once I know all is ok, I'll improve on content and add the key words.

I guess you hear this alot, but all your input has been really appreciated. I so want my website be an important channel for attracting new clients!
                Regards,

Nicole Delamore

Comment

Working...
                X