X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding html code

Hello,
    I just finished my website and have a question about the following:
    This site is about our bungalow at Mallorca (a small Spanish island). When we are not there (we live in Holland) we try to rent the house by means of this website. Now, on the page "reserveren" (reserve) I have a link to my email address with as a subject "reservering". The link is: mailto:bronk-terheide@zonnet.nl?subject=reservering. OK, sofar so good. But now I would like to add more things in the message part of the email, like name, address, email etc. Would it be possible to add it to the above mentioned "mailto" code?
    Thanks in advance for your help. Here is the URL of my website:
    http://www.zonbungalow.info/ Sorry, it is in Dutch. Well it is my first website and I am a little proud about the result. It is not a professional site, but please take into consideration my age- 75 years.
    Regards, Cheers

Re: Adding html code

Hi, you would be better using a form on your website. But if you want to use your email, have a look at this link & press the link on the page
    http://www.collectors-info.com/test_email_form.html

Then click on "Make a reservation".

Your email program should open.

Post back here if this is what your after.
    PS. Your site looks fine! Maybe center the pages.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thanks Chris,
      This is exactly what I wanted. The only thing: what is the link code from my website?
      Dick

Comment

Originally posted by Cheers
        Thanks Chris,
        This is exactly what I wanted. The only thing: what is the link code from my website?
        Dick
        Hi, Check your mail! I have sent you a BV page with the script on.
        It should work just by copying the html box on your page. If not coppy this below into an html box & change the tex to suit. I am not sure how you can put this into a BV button but someone eles may know if needed. Be careful on the return a line part of the code? Incert this %0A%0A if you need a 2 line drop.

HTML Code:
        <p align="right"><font face="Verdana,Helvetica" size="3"><a href="mailto:yourname@mymail.com?subject=Booking form from web site&body=Welcome!%0A%0A%0ACould you please send us your details for your booking.:%0A%0AName---------------%0A%0AAddress-----------%0A%0ATime you would like the house from%0A%0ATime you would like the house to %0A%0A %0A%0AMany thanks%0A%0A %0A%0A %0A%0AYour name">Make a reservation. </a></font></td>
        Remember to change the email address as i took your one out to save it being public.
        If you get stuck, post a message with what you would like on the email.

Good luck.
        Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Thank again to you Chris, I succeeded for the full 100%!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Cheers
            Thank again to you Chris, I succeeded for the full 100%!

Cheers
            Well done. Have sent a test email to try it from your website.
            You can addapt that script to make it into a "Tell a freind" link on your site.
            Just remove your email address & change the body text to suite. When somone clicks on it, the same action will happen but without your email address. So all the visitor has to do is place there freinds address in the "To" part & send.

Good luck.
            Regards Chris.

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Great tip Chris. I'll need it in the future.
              Cheers

Comment

Working...
              X