This is partly tied in to SEO -

http://webdesign.about.com/od/webdes...21106.htm?nl=1
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Re: 2007 Web Design Predictions

Thanks Beth

Interesting reading ... much to think about ..

Interesting too about the colour scheming ...

Color
    The most popular color scheme on the Web is black text on a white background, but this color scheme is very hard to read on a computer screen. I think my favorite description of this color scheme is "Black text on white is like looking at ants on a lightbulb." Color schemes like white on blue (think WordPerfect) or green on black (think old computer terminals) are a lot easier on the eyes.

Invert the screen colors
    It's tempting to go straight to white on black, but that has so much contrast that it's still hard to read. Think colors like blue, green or white on black or dark brown.

I like the black background with the white text, one of my favs.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

This article is merely one person's opinion, much of which was gleaned from elsewhere.
      I find it interesting the shallowness of comments on CSS....were this Jennifer truly feeling the pulse of the internet, this alone would demand an entire article.

Predictions are like opinions, and rarely worth making adjustments for (unless you are a social worker or a psychiatrist)! LOL
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I agree with you Vasili. Even though I have only been doing this for about a year, I have seen some trends change but this persone opinions kind of seem to come from nowhere....Not sure if I made any sense jsut now....
        Affordable Medical Insurance
        Discount Dental Plan
        Washington State Health Insurance
        Temporary Health Insurance
        Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Yes...you have.
          Funny thing, but using Blue Voda and soaking up the juice in VodaTalk is like getting shot through the knowledge cannon....a lot of concepts fit together rapidly, and it makes it easy even for "newbies" to spot the "Blah-blah-blah" that is so widespread in the world of tech and online!

As committed as I am to my online future, I have attended events, sat on roundtables, and am yet BETA for a few industry projects....all has revealed at how few real gurus and players there really are, and has us all musing about the same 1/2 dozen topics of interest for the next five years.
          The rest is all fluff.....

Comment

Agreed.
            Did you happen to try my search engine trick that I posted on here? I am curious to see what you thik of it. I have it working flawlessly.
            Discount Dental Plan

Comment

I'm not saying that this person is the "be all and end all" however - this person has been working in the field for a long time and does have respect in it - and much of what she's said here I agree with - even if it is merely her opinion. It wasn't listed to be a definitive answer - but to give people more food for thought.

I know I'm not a proponent of a completely black website - but I believe it's usually because people then use fonts or sizes or italics that make it hard on my eyes. I do accept that done properly it is as easy to read as white on black. And the w3schools finds white on black AND black on white the 2 best color contrasts. Here's that info: http://www.w3schools.com/quality/qua...eadability.asp
              Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
              SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by motoxxx
                Agreed.
                Did you happen to try my search engine trick that I posted on here? I am curious to see what you thik of it. I have it working flawlessly.
                Yes...take a peek at my posted reply.
                You clearly have demonstrated one of my "core" principles that comprise my "mantra" here in VodaLand.....not only is everyone capable of doing 99% of the technical work themselves, but if they start from square one with a 100% committment to logical progress rather than emotional elevation, they will achieve success naturally........

Nonetheless, there will always be those who prefer to cut corners, profess to be experts, and plagerize intelligence whenever the opportunity arises...LOL

Comment

Hey Bethers....Sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I was blowing off the article you posted the link to.....sorry about that if I did. I should have also stated in my post that it was interesting and her perspective was pretty good but just seemed to me to come from nowhere.....

BTW...How do you find the time to do, learn, and rread everything? I work about 10 hours a day on my insurance business and about 4 or 5 on the internet and web stuff.........I am glad I have you as a trusted source for info!
                  Discount Dental Plan

Comment

I love reading, love learning, love working on my business and winter is when I have time - come summer - I read when I should be sleeping!
                    Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth, Hope you can help? & this is the right place to post.
                      With Navals’ new php style of pages, should I fill in the information for Meta tags & alike on the pages that will be inserted into a new page. IE: the common menu’s & alike.
                      As it seems that I will end up with 3 or 4 lots of Meta tags on one page & are not sure if the SE’s will like this or not.

Thanks,
                      PS. Liked the SE Article.
                      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

You don't put any meta in the pages that hold the header, menu's etc - only on the actual pages.
                        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by Bethers
                          You don't put any meta in the pages that hold the header, menu's etc - only on the actual pages.
                          Thank you!
                          Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Working...
                          X