Firefox Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Dilemma

Hi guys, anybody having any problems with their site showing up differently in Firefox.

For some reason my text and shapes and what not are overlapping in Firefox but they do not in Windows Explorer.

I'm a member of Affilorama, which is basically a site teaching people how to be successful with affiliate marketing. The guys in the forum over there alerted me about this problem, and I have tried several of their suggestions to correct the problem. Most of the people there are using other programs like DreamWeaver or Frontpage, so it's sort of hard to explain to them about the way that BlueVoda works.

The problem I'm having seems to be that although I can add html, with out much of a problem, it seems to be very difficult to alter the html that has already been created. At least if there is a way, I sure havent figured it out.

I'm also a friend of Holly Mann's if anybody knows who she is, and she has over 100 sites. I was discussing it with her, and she has said that she has had a few problems with Firefox as well using the Joomla platform.

But if anybody has got any information on this or has experienced it could you please let me know, and maybe some solutions to this. With Firefox becoming increasingly popular this might be a fairly big issue.

Thanx for everything. Hope to hear from somebody soon. Thanx Davin

Re: Firefox Dilemma

Davin-
    Yes- sometimes compatability with firefox can be a problem. My suggestion would be that if you find it an issue with a particular page- try reproducing the page one element at a time. When you come to a point were things start screwing up- then you can evaluate it and perhaps try something else. Sometimes the font styles in firefox are different than that in IE and will cause this problem. Also, some of the default settings in Firefox are different than IE (i.e.- f text size)

And yes- BV is not an html editor. You can add html in the page html or an html box. If you really need to edit the html you can move the html page from the server back to your computer and then open it with an html editor and make corrections or changes. Then you could FTP it back to the server. Keep in mind that the changes will not be reflected in the pages .bvp copy in your BV folder though.

On some compatibility issues- firefox does have plugins to download and install.

For the most part- BV web builder is still very versitile and has no more problems with firefox issues than other programs.

Hope that helps some.
    Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Andy is correct.

I'd like to add that if you posted your url, we could look and possibly make suggestions.

I always preview my sites in at least IE and Firefox - and make sure I have the best compromise of the two as I publish each page.

For your information, lots of people are having trouble with sites viewing different between IE5, 6 and now 7 - but I haven't seen any of that with BV.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi guys, ok I'm a little bit lost on the downloading the html from the server back down to my computer and editing it in an html editor, and then not having it follow through to my bvp folder. I've tried to alter a page in frontpage before, but it said something to the affect of not being compatible. Maybe you could have a look, it's www.luvcomputers.com.

I'm also wondering where i can get a robot txt. file where i can specify no follow for some of the pages. Thanks for the answers guys, hopefully I can get this figured. Thanx Davin

Comment

Hi.. Your site looks pretty good except the top line overlap.. my suggestion is "go with the flow" when in firefox vs explorer and give that top line a little more space in your design work... I viewed it in firefox

Comment

Davin-
            Connect to the server via the FTP Manager in the tools menu. You will see all your files on your computer on the left side and all your files on the server- on the right. Select the page ON THE SERVER that you wish to modify. Then either drag it over to the computer side or use the MOVE TO button on the top.

Once that html page is on your computer. Open it with notepad or some other editor and make your changes. Save and close it. Now connect to the server again via FTP Manager. This time- select the page you modified on the computer side and then drag or move the file to the server. Done.

Remember- BV web builder is not an html editor. Therefore, html files will not be "published" through it. Only BV pages (.bvp) will be "published" through the publish button of the builder. Files, videos, pdf's and html pages will be transfered to the server via the FTP Manager.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Working...
            X