Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with photo

Hi:

My photo on my website was downloading so slowly. A friend of mine said that it is because the internet is reading the image as 26 inches wide even though the code is presenting on screen as 242 pixels (3.3 inches)...

he sent me an image to replace it with, but I don't seem to see any difference. can someone take a look and help me? I don't seem to understand the whole linking navigation buttons and codes stuff. My first page is the only one that works so far, but I like the way it looks so far. For the other issues which area of forums would i ask for help in?

Thanks, Skye Lin
    www.skyelinarts.com
    skye lin ARTS

Re: Help with photo

Hi, your image is 1237.06 kB in size & for this size image you should be able to get it down to about 50-60kb max. Try resizing with this free software PIXResizer, It’s the pixels that you are trying to reduce to speed up the loading times
    Also the image is very grainy, has someone enlarged from a smaller photo.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Whoops! Forgot the links.

There is this one just in case the VH one is not working
      Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Hi Skyelin

Here is a tutorial on inserting links ....

http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/hyp...mages-etc.html

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Try this one , its only 13kb .

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
          royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Skye Lin,
            Don't forget you can email me for help. And you need to change the mouse-over background color on your navigation - that black is depressing and makes the navigation hard to read.

Good job so far.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks Beth!

I am bravely struggling along here and sort of getting the site together. I will change the nav color and I will e-mail you for help again!

I am going to need guidance with setting up a store and my Paypal account. Plus i am confused about inserting gallery pix.

Could you please take a look and see why my photo image is still loading so slowly?

Thanks, Skye Lin:)
              skye lin ARTS

Comment

Thanks everyone for the resizing info!

I need help with setting up a store for my gallery images and linking it to my Paypal account.

Does anyone suggest a template or should i do all the art galery related pages free-hand?

Please look at my current pages...I am very new to all this, so I am just getting the hang of things. I need step by step instructions for most areas especially related to the pictures and images and how to set them up.

www.skyelinarts.com
                skye lin ARTS

Comment

I'd like to see you keep the template you've designed. You don't need another one to add a gallery.

How about making a template of your header and navigation - and use that for the other pages?
                  Beth
                  A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
                  SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Beth;

I will try to make a template. I have been copying an existing page and pasting into a blank page to use same look for each page. I just delete type and add different text.

I am still having trouble with understanding the size of photos versus how the internet reads pixels. And I do not understand how to put my art up into a sort of store front look so all the photos will look the same on all the art images pages.

I will probably need more guidance with those areas. I thought there might be a template to use that I could put my art images into so everything remains the same feel and look.

I will work on it more this weekend. I won't have much time to play with it tomorrow, but Friday, saturday and Sunday, I will be working on my photo images.

www.skyelinarts.com
                    skye lin ARTS

Comment

Originally posted by skyelinARTS
                      Hi Beth;

I will try to make a template. I have been copying an existing page and pasting into a blank page to use same look for each page. I just delete type and add different text.

I am still having trouble with understanding the size of photos versus how the internet reads pixels. And I do not understand how to put my art up into a sort of store front look so all the photos will look the same on all the art images pages.

I will probably need more guidance with those areas. I thought there might be a template to use that I could put my art images into so everything remains the same feel and look.

I will work on it more this weekend. I won't have much time to play with it tomorrow, but Friday, saturday and Sunday, I will be working on my photo images.

www.skyelinarts.com
                      Hi SkyeLin

I should be around on the weekend to give you a further hand, just a tad busy right now.

But for now, you really don't need to be copying and pasting you "template" so to speak into a blank page. Why not, have the template and save it as a "beginning file" on your computer. And then when you begin every new page of your site, start with opening that one, add all your new content and then save it as your new page. This will leave your "beginning file" to start each new page with, being the same for every page. Your site is looking fabulous ... you seem to be getting the knack of the linking ... you're doing gr88t!! I'll email you this weekend and help.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Thanks Holly!

I will make a beginning template. Looking forward to catching up with you this weekend. I still don't like how slow loading my photos are and I am having trouble with the www.nctmb.com not linking on massage page. the photos seem to be my biggest challenge right now because most of my picture files will need to be converted and sized appropriately. I also don't understand how to protect my images once they are up on the website.

Just trying to problem solve one area at a time. I know what i want and have a good idea of layout...It is just a matter of making it happen technically!:)

Slow down a bit and don't work so hard! Bye for now, Skye Lin
                        skye lin ARTS

Comment

Working...
                        X