Glossary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glossary

Hilo! Thank you for helping me build a community website! It has been quite an experience for a non-computer person like me.

May I suggest that a glossary would be helpful. For example: It would be helpful to know: What is HTML. What is is "flash" and what is it used for? What is a domain, etc.

A real beginner needs to know the vocabulary before we can even ask questions or look for help in the Community Forum!

Thanks for listening. Nora...

Re: Glossary

id 11585 mortonnotes(unpublished)

As a novice I agree eintirely with the idea of a glossary. i keep having to ask questions about the meaning of various items in the forum let alone anything else.

As an additional idea I wonder why VH does not have (or I think they do not have) tutorials on using the forum.

Comment

nora and bill morton:

If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find a tool bar with the Links ( underlined words ) Affiliate Program - Contact Us - Web Hosting -
      Archives - Privacy Statment - Top. If you click on the Archive, then click
      on Pre-Sales, Then click on Vodahost Knowledge Base you will find on that page a catagory called Misc. Information. The first listing in that catagory
      is Internet Glossery. Coping this Glossery alowes us newbys to ask questions so the many tecs here can understand us and also allowes us to understand their answers.

I hope this will help you as it has me.

Comment

id 11585 mortonnotes (unpublished).
        How wonderful to receive a useful reply. I have not tested the links you offer but will do so after I finish this thank you note. I shall also try to find a way to vote that this reply rates as most useful. Thank you again.

If you can spare the time you might like to look at my other postings that list various questions. However what you have done earns my eternal gratitude. Should I now put you on my buddy list? But I do not know the advanatages and disadvantages of this action. And what happens if you do not want to figure on my buddy list?
        Thanks again.

Comment

click the below....

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
            Thankyou indeed for this link. I have used it and just now printed out the whole glossary. I hope that it will save me from asking some questions?

Comment

Originally posted by circuspet.com
              nora and bill morton:

If you scroll to the bottom of this page you will find a tool bar with the Links ( underlined words ) Affiliate Program - Contact Us - Web Hosting -
              Archives - Privacy Statment - Top. If you click on the Archive, then click
              on Pre-Sales, Then click on Vodahost Knowledge Base you will find on that page a catagory called Misc. Information. The first listing in that catagory
              is Internet Glossery. Coping this Glossery alowes us newbys to ask questions so the many tecs here can understand us and also allowes us to understand their answers.

I hope this will help you as it has me.

For your information, I tried to open the first link that you offered and it took many (possibly five to ten) minutes to try to open. However I also received a message - Click to run activeX control on this page and even though I cliked X and OK it would not go away. At one stage I miraculously got into this link but then I got into a page that said under construction. Thus I could not use the first link that you offered. Thus I could not go through the long list of separe words/phrases that you offered me.
              I got into the second link quite easily and quickly and just saw a page of dogs. However I could not find anything else. I got into the third link you offered quickly and found Archives but I could not find the other words/phrases you offered. Nevertheless thank you for your efforts.
              As you will see from my message the Administrator worked the oracle.
              On a different point I think my wife would like to look at your site, she belongs to Wildlife Victoria (Australia) and goes out to rescue injured animals. She hand feeds some small birds and small possums. Thanks again for your efforts.

Comment

Working...
              X