IE 7.0 Quirks and Optimizations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 7.0 Quirks and Optimizations

Anyone if you would like to particapate in this thread please post anything you have noticed about IE 7.0 good or bad. This will be very helpful to all of us.

My first complaint about IE 7.0 is: There is a progress circle rotating animation in the Tabs... errr when I clear my cache and go to my www.metalinsanity.com site it seems to run the animation smoothly, but when I click on the links to go to my pages that have a streaming Media Player embedded in the page the rotating progress circle animation locks up... I have tried optimizing all the graphics on the page... but seems it is the mp3 streaming media player that IE 7.0 cannot cope with... the browser locks up on intial download... once downloaded after the first time the little circle progress bar still locks up but the pages come down quicker since my graphics are already cached... I might loose business because of this minor detail. So far this is all I have noticed. But there is nothing I can do but hope Microsoft updates their IE 7.0 and fixes this slight problem.

If anyone has an idea, I welcome it...

Sadain

Re: IE 7.0 Quirks and Optimizations

Hi, Bro!

Of course, you know my revulsion for Vista and IE7 already, so I won't waste your time.
    Bill(2006) and ***** both mentioned serious problems with IE7 way back in May.....and from the inside info I have been privvy to, the "bugs" won't be worked out until at least this time NEXT year.....(that's why they sent Office back to the drawingboard, and "re-introduced" an earlier pre-Vista version).

Wish I could offer some inside scoop, but I think it's between you, Jeremy, and pedemas21 to work out amongst yourselves.....
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Here is the thing about not upgrading to 7.0: I know from the past that once Microsoft comes out with a new version they eventually stop building updates for the previous version. Which, in turn the computer is going to catch a bug from the previous version then zap! Computer problems.

7.0 is just as quick as 6.0 but, it has to be tweaked to get there... first is to turn off the Phishing Filter (which PF slows the browser down big time) If you have Spyware Installed on your computer there is no need for IE 7.0 Phishing Filter to be on... Seems 7.0 is an experiment to intergrate Spyware program with the browser.... this I concure from the Phishing Filter that they now have built into the Browser.

Comment

The one thing I haven't been able to get around when I use 7.0 is that is doesn't allow scripting - and when I want it to allow it - I have to be in something, then click the bar to temporarily allow scripting (it doesn't have a "always allow from this site which would be great). Then I have to delete out what I did to get that and start it over for the scripting to come up where I need it to be.

I don't want to go in and allow scripting from all websites - so would like that improved so I can tell it to allow from this website.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

I dont know what you mean by scripts because I've never used them... but there is an option if you right click on at the top of IE next to the home icon on nothing and go to Customize Comand Bar then go to Add Remove Commands there is an option in their for Encoding... If that dont work you can search for an add on software and here is a good place to search for software:
          http://downloads.zdnet.com/

Comment

Yep - but I don't mind that- and see - I have to order some of my products using scripts - so I'd just prefer that 7 would allow me to do the always allow from this site - like how you can allow popups from certain sites. But I deal with it :) I prefer to not change the setting that allows the scripts from all sites.
            Beth
            A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

theyre just byeting firefox
              p.s. sry for bumping a one year old topic :P

Comment

Working...
              X