SEO Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEO Software

I'm a little obsessed with SEO as I have a couple of travel sites and it's a very competitve field with millions of others blogging and publishing their travel stories.

I've read about a couple of pieces of SEO software. My first impression is that they are simply a bit of a con to get you to part with a couple of hundred dollars. I would be interested to hear if anyone has actually used them.

And Bethers, if you read this, what's your view?

It seems as though if your site could get a high ranking with software rather than good content, then it's going against everything the search engines attempt to do.
    http://www.myworldsouthamerica.com
    http://www.ethicalasia.com

Re: SEO Software

If you want to email me - I'll let you know individually on any I have knowledge of - just tell me which one's you're looking at.

Basically, tho, good SEO can't happen by any software- it take individual, real-time homework - that the software for a couple hundred bucks can't do.

However, there are good things some of the software out there can do - and I do use some for - like keeping track of my keyword rankings - wonderful little tool that I use constantly that came with another software I bought. And pulling up my competitors backlinks - to see about maybe some other sites to contact to link to mine.

And much of what these softwares sell - you can get free from someone else if you search for it.

The best thing you can do (after getting the onsite optimization tweaked) - is continue to provide good, relevant, quality content - that will have others WANTING to link to your site for it - and in the travel industry that happens.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Thanks for your reply Bethers.

I was just browsing a couple of options and the only one I can recall is SEO Elite although there were several others I saw all claiming the same things.

Doubt it's a route I will take. I'm certain my ranking will improve with time organically as I get more backlinks, and more content on my site. My site is still only 2 months old after all.
      http://www.myworldsouthamerica.com
      http://www.ethicalasia.com

Comment

SEO Elite is nothing new (and it's not exactly cheap, when seen in perspective).....you should also get in touch with Carlos (I think his VH name is Ez-Ez). He is specializing in webbie stuff right now, and his site that should still be in the first 2 or 3 pages of the Showcase offers some brief insights into SEO software, and the criteria you should use when considering them.

If you email him personally (via his site or from his Profile here) I am sure he will give you the rundown......from his perspective.

Between Beth and Carlos, you will have a superior perspective from which to make considerations that will prove to be both reasonable and effectual.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

I have found that much of the stuff that the SEO software does can be done for free. There are hundreds of online SEO tools that are better an don't cost anything. SEO Elite has many glitches and problems from what I gather on their forum and the tech support is pretty much non existent.

One of the really cool software progams I have played with is called IBP9 by Axandra. The free trial version can give you some really good startung points and the user interface is much better than SEO Elite and Web CEO.

I agree with Bethers.

Hey Bethers are you using Tattler?
          Affordable Medical Insurance
          Discount Dental Plan
          Washington State Health Insurance
          Temporary Health Insurance
          Homeowner Insurance Quote

Comment

Working...
          X